spc
uniqs
PowerMac
join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA

PowerMac to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi

Re: Dual 155/75

lol, since Verizon FiOS is upping 150mbps speed to 300mbps. Will ur setup will increase from 300mbps to 600mbps? 0__o

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

said by PowerMac:

lol, since Verizon FiOS is upping 150mbps speed to 300mbps. Will ur setup will increase from 300mbps to 600mbps? 0__o

He might need some beefier hardware on both ends for that then!

houkouonchi
join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi

said by Onedollar:

said by houkouonchi:

said by Onedollar:

You do know a 300 tier is coming right? Couldve saved you some headache

Lies. I was told in November by nycdave that we are looking at atleast 18 months before new speed packages (so 14 months now).

Anyway still no active service. They like had two orders like i would have three lines and they also then later said the 1500G could handle both and had us try that but it never got provisioned. Tech is getting frustrated with dealing people on the phone. Just glad my main connection has not gone down.

Gee look my prediction came true

Yup. I believed nycdave was correct when he said 18 months. That seemed more likely too.
said by Smith6612:

said by PowerMac:

He might need some beefier hardware on both ends for that then!

Current hardware can handle it I believe. The server-side is core i7 style xeon and pretty high end.

I probably will be going dual 300 megabits if the uploads are true on the new speeds if its near what I am paying now.

They say its going from 150/35 -> 300/65 but its really already 150/75. Only reason I have two connetions right now is for the extra upload capacity so if they are not upping the upload at all then I will have no reason to go back to a single connection. if 300/65 is readly 300/150 then I might go back to a single connection.