Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

Re: [Rant] Ipods are Garbage

There's no one that thinks iTunes ISN'T a steaming pile. It's really unfortunate that Apple hasn't redone it yet. I expect that with Jobs out of the picture, it's coming sooner rather than later.

I will say that in a single-user, single-computer situation without special considerations, the iPhone/iPad/iPod works wonderfully well.

The issues always come up when trying to do something that the device and its accompanying software is not designed to do.

And I'm going to be completely frank here - I prefer having iTunes load music on the device than doing it the old-style way with drag-and-drop to the disk. I'd prefer having a better, less buggy version of iTunes, but have no qualms about it as a media management product.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

said by drew:

There's no one that thinks iTunes ISN'T a steaming pile.

I think many agree and it comes down to a) lack of alternative options and b) you can get used to it (with an open-mind ).

PatPatate
join:2008-02-10
Sainte-Julie, QC

PatPatate to drew

to drew
said by drew:

I prefer having iTunes load music on the device than doing it the old-style way with drag-and-drop to the disk. I'd prefer having a better, less buggy version of iTunes, but have no qualms about it as a media management product.

I agree. I also prefer loading my songs using a software (in my case it's Winamp with my Android device) It seems easier to manage and it's also easier to load/modify playlists.

I guess if they fixed iTunes it would be better.

They would also need to "unlock" their newest devices so they people could chose to use iTunes, any other software, or drag and drop.