join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to baineschile

Re: [Bill] Two Accounts - One Address?

said by baineschile:

Lets say you have two accounts running off of one cable line. If you pay your bill, and the roomate does not, the roomates service gets shut off. If it gets bad enough, they come cut the line, effectivly cutting off your service.

That used to be a reason, but they can just suspend his modem and any digital boxes, sure he'll still beable to see the local clear QAM's, but few would have a second account for that.

Most areas the plant can spare/add a tap for a second line if needed, IF it's a problem then for the time being* they could use a splitter.
*that plant will probably need the expansion soon anyway.

said by baineschile:

I would just split the bill. Cheaper, and less complicated.

But it doesn't seperate you legally (might be important, depending on what the tennant does online ) and could leave the homeower responsible for extras on the account (50 pay per views, and assorted Comcast offered HSI services, plus some overseas calls on the Voice account could add up fast.

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
said by tshirt:

But it doesn't separate you legally (might be important, depending on what the tenant does online ) and could leave the homeower responsible for extras on the account (50 pay per views, and assorted Comcast offered HSI services, plus some overseas calls on the Voice account could add up fast.

Exactly, although in my case the reverse problem. Another party will be in the main part of the house and I don't want to have any tie to them. I'm reasonably sure I will pay my bill.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Well it avoids the renter being blamed for stuff he didn't do too.