spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rbmoving

@bhn.net

Network Disconnects

Viewing Windows Event Viewer....I see the following event showing up as a Warning several times everyday.....

Intel(R) 82566DC -2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been Disconnected.

I have not experienced any issues being on\using the Internet.

Is this:
* When maybe my PC goes into sleep?
* Is this a possible issue with my Network Adapter?
* Is this being caused by the Internet providers service?

I used the Intel Utility that looks at drivers and provides new versions to install if available. When I run the Utility it shows it is unable to validate the driver....and a further explanation is, the cause, the driver may be OEM....seek out the manufacturer...which in my case is dell. I went to the dell site, checked there for a possible newer driver....none shown for my Model PC.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter

"Disconnected" in relation to network hardware, typically refers to the hardware level connection. In this case, it would be the connection from the PC to your router/switch/modem. Typical causes would be the cable (faulty or loose connection) or the network port on either end.
--
Google is your Friend

royabriant

join:2012-06-14

1 edit
reply to rbmoving

The problem is definately not your ISP or the router, at least you can eliminate that, and if you have switched the cabling you can eliminate the cabling, the only things left are your Network Interface Card aka NIC (the physical hardware, or the setup) or your computer. I would start out with that first. Check all your network settings, since your dad's works fine compare the two settings, even if they are differnt NIC's the configs should be about the same (assuming a Windows platform, if you have Linux or another OS please let us know). If the settings are ok what I would be tempted to suggest is that you switch NIC's (assuming thier not on board) with your dad, if you have on board NIC's then see if you know anyone who has a working NIC that you can borrow.

psafux
Premium,VIP
join:2005-11-10
kudos:2
reply to rbmoving

If you are experiencing no issues, you have nothing to worry about. Various things can automatically disable the NIC.

I have seen the exact alert many times through the years.

If you want the NIC to remain online all the time, you can drill through the NIC settings (device manager) and through power options to disable anything that is related to automatic disabling of the device.

stormbow
Freedom isn't FREE
Premium
join:2002-07-31
Simi Valley, CA
reply to rbmoving

said by rbmoving :

Viewing Windows Event Viewer....I see the following event showing up as a Warning several times everyday.....

Intel(R) 82566DC -2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been Disconnected.

I have not experienced any issues being on\using the Internet.

Is this:
* When maybe my PC goes into sleep?
* Is this a possible issue with my Network Adapter?
* Is this being caused by the Internet providers service?

I used the Intel Utility that looks at drivers and provides new versions to install if available. When I run the Utility it shows it is unable to validate the driver....and a further explanation is, the cause, the driver may be OEM....seek out the manufacturer...which in my case is dell. I went to the dell site, checked there for a possible newer driver....none shown for my Model PC.

I your pc is going to sleep, then this is probably the cause. One of the things it does is power down things, and a network card is one of those things