spc
Search similar:

uniqs

exfomofo
@184.151.190.x

exfomofo

Anon

Sagecom connection hub poor wireless signal

Just to let everyone know if you are upgrading from a 2 wire modem to the Sagecom modem and experience a degradation in wireless performance on your laptops etc it is because the Sagecom's wireless transciever is subpar. The reason is because it is designed in Germany where they have stringent wireless standards hence the lower performance. The best thing to get around this is if it is impracticle to relocate the modem closer to your wireless devices is to purchase a good quality wireless router and use that instead of the sagecoms wireless.

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

I never had issue with the wifi on the sagemcom... at my home, it is located in the basement and all my wireless device is working fine on the 2 floor.. and my mom is using it too without any issue!
Overheat
join:2012-05-29
Quebec, QC

Overheat to exfomofo

to exfomofo
I had the same problem as you do. The solution for me was to disable the wireless on the sagecom and use a linksys e4200 in bridge mode for wireless.
I have full speed (ftth 50/50)in the house ever since.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to exfomofo

to exfomofo
I have to agree with the other comments about the poor wireless signal from the Sagecom. When I upgraded to the 25/7 tier and was using the Sagecom's wireless, I found the signal strength to be wholly subpar (It struggled reaching the main bedroom in a 1,000 sq ft condo)

Reused the D-link 655 that I had when I was using Bell's 2wire modem and all is well once again with my wireless signal.

NefCanuck

Chuckcar TOO
@teksavvy.com

Chuckcar TOO to exfomofo

Anon

to exfomofo
Thank your lucky stars you didn't get the cellpig modem. If it doesn't constantly disconnect on you the wireless throw is about "one" foot.

exfomofo
@rogers.com

exfomofo to Frank_IT

Anon

to Frank_IT
Consider yourself lucky if you can get good wifi out of the Sagecom. An interesting thing is that the 2 wires were set at a default rf transmit power of 4/10 and the Sagecom is set at 100% out of the box but still subpar performance. Going forward all Bell Fibe customers should either get a 2 wire or Sagecom depending on the DL speed. Cellpig should not be showing up...
ruggs
join:2012-03-26
Ontario

ruggs to exfomofo

to exfomofo
The modems have been hit with a firmware upgrade and increase the wireless strength, since these modems aren't used in Germany, Bell was able to get them to pump up the signal
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316 to exfomofo

to exfomofo
The firmware did increased the signal a little but, but it is still poor.

exfomofo
@rogers.com

exfomofo to ruggs

Anon

to ruggs
The firmware update most likely just sets the rf transmit power to 100% and sadly this still isn't enough. On a positive note the sage has wireless-n and if you are close by with your wireless-n device you should be to get download/upload speeds as if you were connected via ethernet.