how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to JMCD23

Re: Rogers Ultimate HU Speed Upload Update

As a former Rogers employee, all internal docs state that speedboost is only for the first 10mb. However, in real world usage it often lasts much longer, but officially it is only the first 10mb.

Arthur Winsl

@rogers.com

Every modem on the Rogers docsis network has a 10485760 byte burst appended to the downstream service modulation.

the cerberus

join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

said by Arthur Winsl :

Every modem on the Rogers docsis network has a 10485760 byte burst appended to the downstream service modulation.

Thats a good technical explanation of whats not happening.
It's 100% for sure by time and not data.

said by JMCD23:

I think 10MB might be accurate for the former 10mbps tier, because that's about how long it would be effective for. I can say that on my 32 mbps tier I see about 5MB-6MB/sec for around 10 seconds and then it drops back to 4MB/sec.

Thats exactly right. By observation/calculation we can tell its much more than 10MB (50-60MB for you).

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

I'm On the Extreme

LINCSAT
Premium
join:2003-06-15
Markham, ON
reply to LINCSAT

Well here is the fastest I have seen, for the last three days I have been well over 100mb/s down don't mind but wow and why?

dnglbr
Premium
join:2002-03-23
North York, ON

Called in to get the new upload speeds for my Extreme service. Took a little while to find the product code in the database, but got it done.

Yonge & Eg area.

avernar

join:2002-05-23
Mississauga, ON

said by dnglbr:

Called in to get the new upload speeds for my Extreme service. Took a little while to find the product code in the database, but got it done.

What did you have to ask for? Any details to make it less painful for the rest of us?

I lost cable service between 2am-4am last night. This morning my modem has the US light blue instead of green which means it's upstream bonding. I'm still getting 2Mb/s upstream however.

dnglbr
Premium
join:2002-03-23
North York, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit

said by avernar:

said by dnglbr:

What did you have to ask for? Any details to make it less painful for the rest of us?

I lost cable service between 2am-4am last night. This morning my modem has the US light blue instead of green which means it's upstream bonding. I'm still getting 2Mb/s upstream however.

I actually got transferred to sales by accident. The rep noticed right away that the account is showing "upstream upgrade available". She did not know how to do the upgrade and tried talking to tech support who were completely clueless, came back to me and said tough luck. I saw somewhere around here that it's just a different product code that needs to be put on, with "+ HU" at the end of it, so I asked her to go through her product database looking for HU. Took a little bit of looking but she found it and switched me over very easily.

I wouldn't waste my time with level 1 tech support if I were you, go straight to sales or even customer relations, who actually get proper training.

nhs ice

join:2006-08-16
Toronto, ON

This upload thing is getting on my nerve. We can barely browse the internet when my wife is uploading stuff to her co-worker and this is ultimate connection. I will dump rogers and switch to bell if they had upgrade my are and this is in the heart of downtown.

joffice

@bell.ca

wait, wait, wait.....Rogers updated the upload for Ultimate? So its supposed to go up to 10mbit?

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to dnglbr

It's astounding how difficult reps find this as the HU codes are literally right under the regular ones.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to joffice

said by joffice :

wait, wait, wait.....Rogers updated the upload for Ultimate? So its supposed to go up to 10mbit?

Yes they did, but only in select areas at this time.

brookz

join:2003-06-26
Waterloo, ON
reply to LINCSAT

I called in a couple times trying to tell them the info about the "+HU" or "upload speed upgrade" and none of them seem to know anything about it or are willing to look into it.

I'm in Waterloo

yyzlhr

@rogers.com

Those codes will not show up on your account if your area has not been upgraded yet.

brookz

Waterloo, ON
reply to LINCSAT

Tried calling again and was told that for K/W area the date the new upload speeds will become available is August 17th.

The code is 'whui'

nhs ice

join:2006-08-16
Toronto, ON
reply to LINCSAT

If any of you located around Gerrard and Sumach st., you can give rogers a call. They had upgrade my upload speed from 2 to 9 mbs on Friday. I believe this and other surrounding area is upgraded already. You just need to call in.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to LINCSAT

Does anybody know if Rogers is going to upgrade the upload speed for the 10 million or so of us on the Express tier?? Thanks

yyzlhr

@rogers.com

Every tier except Lite and Ultra Lite has faster upload speeds if you live in an eligible area.

Rybak

join:2002-06-26
Etobicoke, ON

My speed is not bad in Westend.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2080481749.png

Rawny

@uottawa.ca
reply to LINCSAT

Click for full size
Ottawa Ontario. I drooled. Yes that's 9.3MB/S and well into the download if you see the graph. I still hate Rogers cus I think Minecraft is throttled as freinds can't log into my world without a 4 to 6 second delay on all actions.

Rybak

join:2002-06-26
Etobicoke, ON

Toronto West End not bad

brookz

Waterloo, ON
reply to Rawny

That's normal for Ultimate...

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON

said by brookz:

That's normal for Ultimate...

Yeah, I think some people lost their idea of what this thread was about, lol.

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON
reply to Rybak

said by Rybak:

Toronto West End not bad

[att=1]

When you are upgraded that should be 10, not 2.
--
Hello