Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RogersNick

join:2011-12-20
reply to adam_fd

Re: "Rogers is not required to honour what an agent says&qu

Hi Adam,

Sorry about that. I haven't received any message on my end but I'd still like to offer help. I'm sending you a new IM to look into it.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Guspaz

Guspaz ... certainly in the wireless market you're right ... but the reality is that by sheer size they behave as if they are a monopoly. After all they could do what Bell does and buy up the competition ... like Bell bought Virgin. When the other carriers become too much of a thorn in their side, they'll try that game.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile

IMO more people should make Robbers feel like there is a thorn in their side. What have they done for you lately? When it comes to Bell or Rogers most people would probably say not much.

There's no reason to stay with power tripping companies that treat you like a door rug.

Go to whatever competition has the best value, even if it's a sub-brand. At least you keep some change in your pocket.

balur

join:2010-04-28
kudos:1
reply to adam_fd

Just a thought.

In all the call centres I've worked for I have never had one where call recordings were consistent / reliable / easy to access. Though I've never worked for a major telecom.

Also customers make wild "I was promised x" claims all the time. 99% of the time they aren't true, or the customer misunderstood the specifics.

If you are depending on a recording to prove your point you should record it yourself. Rogers most likely doesn't see the point of searching through hours of recordings (assuming they record and keep every call) for something that precedence tells them isn't true. If they searched everyone of these claims they'd probably need to hire more people to do it.

Not saying your wrong you may be the exception, but this is the attitude that Rogers probably has.

As for the honouring what an agent says bit... I've personally had to deny credits / freebies that were offered by the agent. It sucks and its a crappy call to have to make, but if we'd be losing money having you as a customer due to some dumbass newbie agent... well we couldn't honour that.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by balur:

In all the call centres I've worked for I have never had one where call recordings were consistent / reliable / easy to access. Though I've never worked for a major telecom....

....If you are depending on a recording to prove your point you should record it yourself.

I might be wrong, but my strong impression has been that the OP actually did have his own recording, which the company refused to listen to.

said by balur:

Also customers make wild "I was promised x" claims all the time. 99% of the time they aren't true, or the customer misunderstood the specifics....

....As for the honouring what an agent says bit... I've personally had to deny credits / freebies that were offered by the agent. It sucks and its a crappy call to have to make, but if we'd be losing money having you as a customer due to some dumbass newbie agent... well we couldn't honour that.

Well, how on earth can ANY customer deal with ANY company over the phone, in that event?

HOW is the customer supposed to know whether the offer is the official one authorized by company management, or if the agent is telling lies to make a sale?

said by balur:

It sucks and its a crappy call to have to make, but if we'd be losing money having you as a customer due to some dumbass newbie agent... well we couldn't honour that.

Sorry, friend.

It is the company's responsibility to monitor and supervise the agents.

Now, IF a deal were truly unbelievable, then a company may be able to claim that the customer should have realized that it was too good to be true.

But in this case, it was a discount of $ 5 a month on a mobile plan, which is quite believable.

Again, HOW is the customer supposed to know whether the offer is the official one authorized by company management, or if the agent is telling lies to make a sale?

And if a company is allowed to say that, then they could hook in large numbers of customers on purpose, with "deals" that the company later refuses to honor, blaming "rogue agents".

rogerssmoger

@start.ca
reply to balur

All calls are recorded. most with screenshots of the agents screen. And kept 2-3 years.

rogerssmoger

@start.ca
reply to adam_fd

Customer Made Recordings: Can be faked and that is why they do not hold up and Rogers doesn't care to hear them.

2 people calling each other and reading a script could quite easy make a fake recording and then claim it was a real one to get things.
People have attempted to do it in the past.

balur

reply to PX Eliezer7

PX Eliezer, your taking it to an extreme, I was only trying to present an example of call center mentality.

Of course its the company's responsibility to monitor and supervise agents but sometimes mistakes happen, and if it was blatantly stated yes we'd try to do everything we could to accommodate, but it doesn't always work out that way due to high costs involved.

In the past I've had a case where a free rental modem / router broke. Without calling support they went out and purchased a retail kit. The customer then called up demanding a refund for the cost of the modem... without properly understanding the situation the agent thought they were asking for a refund of a modem purchased through us and agreed. However were not going to eat a few hundred dollars cost of retail kit, when no troubleshooting was done on our kit, and sending a replacement free rental out would have been far cheaper.

Mistakes happen. Not saying the poster is wrong, just trying to give context regarding the call center environment.

rogerssmoger, That's a far better call recording system then I've ever gotten to use, best I've had is time estimate and then pull agent calls from that day and listen until I find the right one. Ugh painful. I hadn't even considered that nor have I come across it (that I know of, maybe I was fooled lol), policy makes sense.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to rogerssmoger

said by rogerssmoger :

Customer Made Recordings: Can be faked and that is why they do not hold up and Rogers doesn't care to hear them.

2 people calling each other and reading a script could quite easy make a fake recording and then claim it was a real one to get things.

People have attempted to do it in the past.

Fine.

Then the company can listen to its own recordings.

This isn't the 1960's when this would involve magnetic tape.

Everything is digital, and the company certainly should be able to pull up the digital record of any calls relating to a particular account, without much trouble.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to balur

said by balur:

In the past I've had a case where a free rental modem / router broke. Without calling support they went out and purchased a retail kit. The customer then called up demanding a refund for the cost of the modem... without properly understanding the situation the agent thought they were asking for a refund of a modem purchased through us and agreed. However were not going to eat a few hundred dollars cost of retail kit, when no troubleshooting was done on our kit, and sending a replacement free rental out would have been far cheaper.

In that case, I would agree with the company 100 percent.

But I think that's a very different situation....

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to rogerssmoger

said by rogerssmoger :

All calls are recorded. most with screenshots of the agents screen. And kept 2-3 years.

Rogers does record all calls but they are rarely ever used to resolve escalations. The recordings really are there just to protect Rogers in case of litigation and are regularly used for performance management, but you'll almost never see them being used to resolve escalations.

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON
reply to adam_fd

At this point I don't even know why anyone has Robbers for anything. Everything I've read about them in the last while, it seems that it's quite the chore being a customer of theirs, but that doesn't surprise me in the least. - With Robbers, the customer IS the enemy.

Expand your moderator at work

rogerssmoger

@start.ca
reply to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr :

said by rogerssmoger :

Rogers does record all calls but they are rarely ever used to resolve escalations. The recordings really are there just to protect Rogers in case of litigation and are regularly used for performance management, but you'll almost never see them being used to resolve escalations.

Because it's a PITA to get calls from other sites since each call centre has it's own recording systems and never want to send requested calls.

adam_fd

join:2012-05-30
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to RogersNick

said by RogersNick:

Hi Adam,

Sorry about that. I haven't received any message on my end but I'd still like to offer help. I'm sending you a new IM to look into it.

My bad! I mistyped the e-mail address for the Rogers Social Media Team. That explains why I haven't gotten a response yet!

(I'm still unhappy with the Office of the President, but so far the Social Meia Team is still a very promising avenue.)

Nicolas, thanks for following up here!

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

If the OOTP hasn't done anything, then I don't see how the SMT will ... that's like going to the store manager and then back to the department manager.

You need to escalate to the ombudsman then the CCTS or Ellen Roseman.

Expand your moderator at work

adam_fd

join:2012-05-30
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to adam_fd

It's done! My sincere thanks to Teresa and everyone at the Ombudsman Office.

They took the time to understand my concern and to resolve the issue. Actually, they didn't take much time at all -- it was pretty quick.

It's been a difficult month, but I hope that my Rogers interactions go more smoothly moving forward.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

If things ever reach the Ombudsman Office, they DO pull phone calls if you've gone through all the steps, even if the Office of the President won't.. They're pretty damned awesome, and unlike everyone else in the process, they care.

I should have escalated my issue past Office of the President when they did jack all for me (box just loses signal for no reason, requires reboot). After replacing my inside cabling 3 times, replacing my box twice, and then wanting to replace my cables for a 4th time, I gave up on the morons. I knew where the problem was, but they didn't want to listen to me or fix it. I feel bad for the new tenant in my old apartment, as they'll be experiencing that problem now.

habskilla

join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB
reply to adam_fd

This shitty behavior is not limited to Rogers:

»www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpos···unt=2490
--
»speedtest.net/result/2032867059.png

join:2012-06-18
Kitchener, ON
reply to adam_fd

Rogers again .. LMAO
There's only one way for anyone to get satisfaction when such a company is that corrupt
... Take them to court.

This is how you do it:
As you already have a recording and probably more ... transcribe it into an Affidavit or Notice of Understanding and Intent. Make it simple and clear .. and full in information. Sort it by date with each date tabbed in binder
Note: Do Not use forms provided by courts .. see Queen's Printer as to how they are formatted and to further find out why not to use them. Just ask what all the parts of a form are .. including check boxes, parts surrounded by boxes, lines, colors etc.

Make another document called Fee Schedule and send it to Attorney General.
Example of main content:
In case my inalienable rights have been violated here is my fee schedule.
10,000 dollars per hour
100,000 dollars per incident
1,000,000 dollars in case of injury
10,000,000,000 dollars in case of death paid to family or man or woman of my choosing
... without charge, fee or levy.

If you don't know, learn how the courts work @ »www.youtube.com/user/StrawmanRedemption ... mainly Dean Clifford playlists .. all 3 of them. Learn them inside and out, backwards and forwards ... practice with friends and also go to courts to see how it all works.

Once you know and you are confident send a Notice to Rogers with your charge/bill for your losses and remedy for situation .. by registered mail, that if they don't comply you will take them to court. Send copy of notice to court clerk as well .. also to Attorney General, if you wish.
Make sure your pages are numbered 1 of xx, 2 of xx .. etc.
It's also a good idea to put "this document is a matter of public record" for your first line on each page.
Give them the usual 10 days to 14 days to reply. If no reply then send 'em Notice of Default .. wait another 14 days .. then let them have it both barrels in court.

Address the owner or owners and CEO and Rogers in your documents .. so none can weasel out of it.
I include their wives too .. they're really not happy when that happens LOL
If other parties, such as CRTC, had their fingers in there .. name them too.

BTW: from what you write in this whole thread it is a clear deception from Rogers staff, extortion and/or fraud is being used by Rogers as well.

And whatever you do .. never ever use a lawyer .. as they are all part of the Bar Society = men's and women's enemy number one. Well, unless he or she signs a contract to do it your way .. and then you need to watch 'em like a hawk anyway.

rogerssmoger

@start.ca

Wow you miss no chance to spam your silly youtube site.

Ohhh watch out for the scary forms, they are evil, use a form and they will come take your children and kick your dog.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to 04193189

said by 04193189:

Rogers again .. LMAO
There's only one way for anyone to get satisfaction when such a company is that corrupt
... Take them to court.

What's interesting here, is that you posted that AFTER the OP got a positive resolution... without taking Rogers to court.

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada
reply to 04193189

Clifford is a whack job, and so is g777. It's safe to ignore them both.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
reply to bt

Isn't he the same guy that was going on an on about taking TSI to court too? I can't remember honestly but sure sounds it

balur

reply to bt

It's never too late to sue... and claiming that your time is worth $10,000 over a $100 a month service isn't ridiculous.

rogerssmoger

@start.ca
reply to Tx

said by Tx:

Isn't he the same guy that was going on an on about taking TSI to court too? I can't remember honestly but sure sounds it

same whack job.

Kitchener, ON
reply to bt

True .. yet it doesn't pay for his time lost, aggravation, damages, and rest of associated costs.

Kitchener, ON
reply to Tx

That's right .. and if i didn't suggest it to user then he'd still be getting crap service with crappy lines and getting ripped off. And, please get it right: it's TSI and Bell .. mostly Bell's fault.
BTW: For over 2 yrs customer has been getting ripped off without Bell doing the right thing.

Kitchener, ON
reply to balur

said by balur:

It's never too late to sue... and claiming that your time is worth $10,000 over a

True ... once that fee schedule is filed with attorney general then that's what any offender has to pay.
This is about teaching big business a lesson by paying a substantial penalty for their transgressions. Most fail to realize big businesses make Millions & Billions .. if not Trillions.
I've seen fee schedules of around 10 Million per hr.