Search similar:

uniqs
adam_fd
join:2012-05-30
Saint-Laurent, QC

1 edit

adam_fd

"Rogers is not required to honour what an agent says"

I am a Rogers Wireless customer, for 11 years. I have spoken with four agents (customer service, customer relations, customer relations manager, manager who called me back following a complaint). My problem has not been solved.

Last year I was promised 100 long distance minutes for free, so long as I keep renewing my contract. The value was $5, balanced by a $5 credit. Last month an expiry date magically appeared next to the credit, so I called today to find out why.

The follow-up call from a manager was prompt, and started off very well: "If it was promised, then we would have to do it."

Unfortunately, it quickly degenerated. Some of the shocking things I was told include:
- "This wasn't documented last year."
- "According to the terms of service, Rogers is not required to honour what an agent says."
- "Recordings are not valid in a court of law for this circumstance."
- "We will not look at the terms of service to support our statements."
- "We will not listen to your recording of the original call because it doesn't have an interaction ID."

Has anyone been here before with Rogers? Can anyone help me deal with them in a way that will keep me as a customer for another 11 years?

I've had my share of escalations before, but they have never gone this far. I am, quite literally, without words to describe the horrible customer service I received today.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Re: "Rogers is not required to honour what an agent says&qu

How far did you escalate this?

BTW: Always get the agent ID, time of call, etc.

Anyway, if you haven't, it should be taken to "The Office of the President"....just a fancy way of saying "Level 3 Support".

Rogers does play footloose with its customers, you need to play footloose with them. I've learned their tactics. I know how to play them, and I am getting a better price than I could from elsewhere. (Example, I pay $20 for full VIP cable, including HST and fee's -- and $5/month for wireless internet) My account is a mess of fee's and credits and reversals and crap, but it will be working for the next 2 years..after which I re-evaluate.

Good luck.

fan13027
join:2008-10-26
Kelowna, BC

fan13027 to adam_fd

to adam_fd
If you have a valid complaint and have documentation, file a complaint with the Commissioner For Complaints For Telecommunications Services.

»www.ccts-cprst.ca

You get (relatively) quick action and a fair (third party arbitration/ombudsman like) settlement.

If you decide to file a complaint, make sure you read their

Guide To Filing a Complaint »www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/com ··· ts/guide

and their Procedural Code »www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/doc ··· ral-code which you MUST abide by. Forewarned is forearmed.
fan13027

fan13027 to J E F F4

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

BTW: Always get the agent ID, time of call, etc.

+1
PRIUS
join:2009-09-17
Toronto, ON

PRIUS to fan13027

to fan13027

Rogers is not required to honour what an agent says&qu

said by fan13027:

If you have a valid complaint and have documentation, file a complaint with the Commissioner For Complaints For Telecommunications Services.

»www.ccts-cprst.ca

You get (relatively) quick action and a fair (third party arbitration/ombudsman like) settlement.

If you decide to file a complaint, make sure you read their

Guide To Filing a Complaint »www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/com ··· ts/guide

and their Procedural Code »www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/doc ··· ral-code which you MUST abide by. Forewarned is forearmed.

Before the matter is escalated to the CCTS, I would suggest contacting Kim Walker, Rogers Ombudsman. From articles I have read from Ellen Roseman, she is excellent. . .

Ms Walker can be contacted by email: ombudsman@rci.rogers.com ; alternatively, by fax: 416-935-3604.

Here's a couple of articles on Kim Walker by Ellen Roseman:

Rogers Ombudsman rose from the front lines:

»www.thestar.com/business ··· nt-lines

Rogers customer gets $1,500 refund:

»www.ellenroseman.com/
RogersNick
join:2011-12-20

RogersNick to adam_fd

to adam_fd

Hi Adam,

This is Nicolas from Rogers Social Media team. I just came across your post.

First off, I'm sorry to read about your experience and I'd like to apologize for that.

I'll send you a PM so that our team may follow up on that.

For future, don't hesitate to reach out to us via Twitter (@RogersHelps) or Facebook and we'll help!

Nicolas

@RogersNicolas | Rogers Social Media team
adam_fd
Saint-Laurent, QC

adam_fd

This looks promising!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by adam_fd:

This looks promising!

No it doesn't the Rogers Social marketing trolls show up here all the time, and promise you the world, more then likely you'll never hear from them again.
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

said by elwoodblues:

said by adam_fd:

This looks promising!

No it doesn't the Rogers Social marketing trolls show up here all the time, and promise you the world, more then likely you'll never hear from them again.

How right you are. I received a PM from one of them on March 29, sent her back a reply and I am still waiting for a response!
PRIUS
join:2009-09-17
Toronto, ON

PRIUS to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues

Rogers is not required to honour what an agent says&qu

said by elwoodblues:

said by adam_fd:

This looks promising!

Exactly. Rogers Social Marketing only appears on DSL to save face. They would rather you not go above their heads to the Rogers Ombudsman or the CCTS, as Rogers will have to answer to a higher authority. Take the route of going to Ms. Walker at Rogers Ombudsman. It will save you a lot of headache in the long run.
adam_fd
Saint-Laurent, QC

adam_fd

Well, I already replied to Nicolas. I'll give him a few days to get back to me. (That seems fair to me.)

I'll keep you posted with the latest news! Maybe they're turning over a new leaf...
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by adam_fd:

Maybe they're turning over a new leaf...

...and I'm the next Queen of England. And the next President of the United States. Combined.
XaXiS
join:2009-08-15
Canada Eh

XaXiS to adam_fd

to adam_fd

I have some issues with Rogers as well. I run a business and ordered iphones and extra lines for my employees as we're growing by the month. I was told that my account was fraudulent and was forced to talk to someone at Lost Prevention. This individual was very rude, stating that my company didn't exist (even though it is federally incorporated) and said she would make sure I'm not able to get any additional lines. I have 3 phones that don't work properly and they won't even send me replacements. I have to take them to a Rogers store to get them looked at, however the closest store is 30 minutes away and I don't drive.
So needlesstosay, I feel as though my account was suspended for no reason and they refuse to do anything to help. Well, I am not going to pay the bill they sent me until this is resolved. I did however emailed that ombudsman, so hopefully I will hear back within the next few days or something.
adam_fd
Saint-Laurent, QC

adam_fd

I still haven't heard back from anyone at Rogers yet (but it's a weekend, so I'm not worried).

Has anyone had an issue like mine, where an agent specifically promised something and then Rogers did not want to honour it? I'd like very much to know if I have any chance with them.

From what I've just read, Kim seems absolutely wonderful as an Ombudsman, but I really hope that this can get solved before it reaches her desk.

*sigh*
st7860
join:2004-05-13
San Francisco, CA

st7860

If you've already called the montreal number (they're open on weekends too)

then try this

click here
»www.rogers.com/web/conte ··· ontactus
click make a complaint
click step 1, click yes
click step 2, click yes
enter managers name
- proceeed to step 3 and fill out the form
Expand your moderator at work
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

Hooter to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr :

When social media says someone will get back to you, they usually mean it. It can take a while, as Rogers recently laid off 300 management employees and I'm sure you're also not the only one who has a complaint.

Like I said, I have been waiting since March 29! I guess they do not always mean it! Or at least Rogers_Kate did not mean it! LOL!
Expand your moderator at work

FastEddie

join:2000-12-29
Channel Z

FastEddie to adam_fd

to adam_fd

(topic move) "Rogers is not required to honour what an agen

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 4 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »(post #27201412 no longer exists)
adam_fd
Saint-Laurent, QC

adam_fd

Well, I just got a call back from the Office of the President.

Not the result I was hoping for.

OotP: "I don't believe you that the agent offered this credit ongoing"

I suggested that we listen to the recording, since it is the best evidence available about my agreement with Rogers. (The notes in my account are of a secondary nature that I never had the opportunity to read or approve.)

OotP: "I can't listen to the call because I'm uncertain of the legality of it"

I suggested that we clarify with the legal department before proceeding. I was put on hold for a few minutes.

OotP: "We're not going to honour the credit, regardless of what the agent offered you"

This doesn't look good for me. I hope Nicolas from the Social Media team has more luck.

At this point, my problem is ENTIRELY about the principle involved, which is that Rogers can promise one thing and do another.

While I wait for Nicolas I'll start typing an e-mail to Kim Walker.

*sigh*
bt
canada

bt

said by adam_fd:

While I wait for Nicolas I'll start typing an e-mail to Kim Walker.

Failing that, file with the CCTS.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to adam_fd

Premium Member

to adam_fd
said by adam_fd:

Well, I just got a call back from the Office of the President.

Not the result I was hoping for.

OotP: "I don't believe you that the agent offered this credit ongoing"

I suggested that we listen to the recording, since it is the best evidence available about my agreement with Rogers. (The notes in my account are of a secondary nature that I never had the opportunity to read or approve.)

OotP: "I can't listen to the call because I'm uncertain of the legality of it"

I suggested that we clarify with the legal department before proceeding. I was put on hold for a few minutes.

OotP: "We're not going to honour the credit, regardless of what the agent offered you"

It is inconceivable that they would do this.

Why are they risking extensive bad publicity to their name rather than just doing the right thing?

Why are they so stubbornly defending what is undefendable?

Rogers reputation is so bad that it is already 50 miles below the earth's surface. I guess they want to make it 500.
adam_fd
Saint-Laurent, QC

adam_fd

And this is to someone who has been a loyal customer for 11 years. Imagine how they treat the new customers...
bt
canada

bt

said by adam_fd:

And this is to someone who has been a loyal customer for 11 years. Imagine how they treat the new customers...

Better. New customers are more likely to switch.

Ditch the loyalty. They'll treat you better that way.
adam_fd
Saint-Laurent, QC

adam_fd

Right now I'm waiting for a callback from
- Nicolas from the Social Media team
- The Ombuds Office

The Office of the President was thoroughly unhelpful, although they were much more polite about it than anyone else.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

....Rogers' reputation is so bad that it is already 50 miles below the earth's surface. I guess they want to make it 500.

You're getting WARMer !
adam_fd
Saint-Laurent, QC

adam_fd

I invented a new hashtag on Twitter: #RogersBrokenPromises.

I'm inviting everyone to pile on here.

Let's keep this thread entirely about:
- Broken promises made by Rogers, with all the juicy details
- Your efforts to fix them and how they have worked or failed miserably
- Witty or sarcastic comments about the above
- Short, funny comments of a general nature

Beyond the normal moderator rules, I'd like to propose:
- Absolutely no defamation
- No accusations that we can't support
- No name calling

Remember to tell your friends!

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I almost hate to say this, but like so many such efforts before it, Rogers and Bell don't give a flying fig about this kind of bad publicity. They've ignored sites like RogersSucks and similar although they did try buying up one negative connotation domain name! Like so many others, I tend now to ignore such efforts because they have no effect.

Basically, when you get to their size with a monopolistic position, they don't care. They do seem to listen to Ellen Roseman (Torstar) but not a lot else.

Rogers don't care attitude essentially brought down the "Residential Broadband Users Association" (RBUA) who at one time seemed to have at least some influence, but back when they started to implement caps they seemed like they were listening but went ahead with caps anyway. It caused considerable upset amongst the RBUA people to the point where they gave up, and this was no small for the time organisation.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to adam_fd

Premium Member

to adam_fd
Do they have any way on there end to show that this was promised to you for the life of your account? Documented anywhere on their end, etc? Anything short of the recording that you have on your end?

Just trying to look at it from both ways, what is there to stop anyone else from calling in and saying such and such feature was promised for life of account?

What would prevent me and a friend from putting together an audio file of a "Rogers call" and saying the feature was promised? Not saying you did this but it certainly would not be hard to do. I am assuming this is why they excused your audio due to no incident ID or whatever they called it.

What if the agent you had was found to be giving features out like candy and that is why they fired him / her and they are going back to fix the agents wrong doing?

Basically, I can see where they are coming from if it isnt documented anywhere on their side. Really how are they to know? How are they to believe you, if you have the only proof with an audio file, over many others who call in and try to work the system negatively?