Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1

TV Land HD and MTV2 HD Coming July 18

Everyone,

We have a legal notice this morning here in Orlando with HD and some big expiring agreements.

On or after July 18, 2012, we will get the following new channels delivered via the SDV system.

MTV Jams Channel 130
MTV Hits Channel 161
TV Land HD Channel 1281
MTV2 HD Channel 1302

We really got those Viacom Channels quickly and come July 18, we will have 201 HD Channels here in Orlando. Tampa Bay will likely get these on this date with Bakersfield, Birmingham, Michigan and Indiana getting them around the same time.

On the month to month front.........

CMT and GAC did not come off with the completion of the Viacom deal but Zee TV did. It could be a typo but I guess we will see in a month.

GOL TV is still also listed as expiring June 18, 2012

Expiring on June 30, 2012

Food Network
Tru TV (This is currently on month to month agreements but I guess they need to work on a new one)

and let the local propaganda start up............

WESH (NBC)
WKCF (CW)

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
Nice!!

RollTide14

join:2012-01-30
Wetumpka, AL
reply to HDOrlando
I can't wait until Wetumpka/Elmore, Alabama gets SDV so we can get all of these channels. It looks like BH carries more HD than any other provider out there. I'm looking forward to our HD future.

HDOrlando

Apparently they are working on that in your area. They have started giving the main systems (Orlando/Tampa Bay, Birmingham, Michigan, Bakersfield and Indiana) HD around the same time and they do it every quarter.

Here in Orlando we will be at 201 HD channels wen July 18 hits.

The people over at a Direct TV Forum on another site are desperate for more HD and outside of Bright House's three big holes (NFL Network/RedZone, HDNet (Soon to be Axs.tv)/HDNet Movies and more HD Starz), the HD lineup BHN gives us kills theirs. All have a shot at getting done this year too.

The top things left and available outside of the big 3 for us are things like Sundance HD, HSN HD, QVC, RFD-TV HD and Nuvo HD.

Direct TV customers are begging for BBC America HD, H2 HD, I.D. HD, DIY HD, TCM HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, HLN HD, C-Span HD, LMN HD, etc that we got most of 3 years ago.

Dish has a lot of things but they pull it often.

I hope you get SDV soon and see how spoiled we are compared to others.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
Damn, I didnt realize DTV is missing all of those. That sucks, we are pretty spoiled.

LoveHD

join:2011-07-31
reply to HDOrlando
DirecTV is weighed down by bandwidth concerns. The company will probably be focused on adding regional sports channels which are launching this year. Standing out are the two for Los Angeles Lakers.

Dish Network has more basic cable channels in high defnition than DirecTV where it concerns the non-premiums that are not sports (the specialty of DirecTV). But Dish Network also gets channels pulled, such as ones from Disney/ABC that other companies have not lost.

Bright House Networks has really done a bang-up job of taking so many basic cable channels and adding their HD. I don't see DirecTV or Dish Network carrying C-Span HD, C-Span 2 HD, TV Land HD, MTV2 HD, IFC HD, We HD, Oxygen HD, Sprout HD, etc. (I did not know Sundance Channel has a HD.)

I'm amazed Bright House Networks has the capacity to carry a lot of these channels in HD. Is there a compromise? Such as a low amount of screens from premium movie channels?

HDOrlando

The picture I hear looks the same as on Direct TV.

We do not have Sprout HD yet but once a new deal is done (Sprout On demand is on month to month deals), we should get the 24/7 channel and likely the HD version.

Of things BHN Orlando has in SD and are available in HD, were only missing Sundance HD, TV Japan HD, HSN HD, QVC HD and Jewelry TV HD.

So, if we have it in SD and an HD version is available, we pretty much get it quickly unless it's a shopping channel.

LoveHD

join:2011-07-31
I'm not in a Bright House Networks serviced area. I am in a Comcast area.

It sounds good; that Bright House is committed to being up to date.
Expand your moderator at work