This is a sub-selection from Just a question

jazzlady
join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA

jazzlady to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: Just a question

said by 88615298:

It obvious people wish commercials would just go away. Ok so then how do shows get made? Are networks in the business to provide free entertainment for the masses just to be nice? I'm asking a serious question so serious replies only. People don't get is if they did away with commercials you TV bill would be 5 times than it is now. Shit is going to get paid for one way or another the sooner people get this concept the better.

I can live with commercials. I understand they are a necessary evil.

What I can't live with is the frequency of the commercial breaks. In some 1 hour shows I have seen up to 8 breaks. At times there is only 4 minutes of the show in between breaks. This is terrible for the continuity of a program.

CNN and MSNBC also have another trick they play, which irks the living shit out of me. They will go to break, then come back for 10 or 15 seconds, then go back to another commercial break. The other night CNN did this FOUR times in a row and I finally just changed the channel.

I dislike when the same commercial is shown twice, or even 3 times during the same break, and I really, really hate it when the commercials are twice as loud as the program you were watching, necessitating a hasty reach for the remote to press the mute button.

Maybe we all have to live with commercials, but there ought to be some limits and they don't have to be as aggravating as they currently are.
UncleDirtNap
join:2006-08-26
Pittsburgh, PA

UncleDirtNap

Ads are NOT a necessary evil, they not necessary at all.

The media companies tell you this because they are the beneficiaries of a government maintained system that directs billions in revenues to them that they could not ever earn if they had to compete like other products and services are required to do and they are deathly afraid that people are getting wise to their scam.

No other business functions in an environment or engages the same practices as the media companies do and those that have tried have ended up punished by government regulators.
« wth
This is a sub-selection from Just a question