Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thecybernerd
Premium
join:2007-01-05
Great Falls, VA

[VA] Speed Upgrades

Is cox planning on competing with Verizon's speed Upgrades next month. I have had their 50mbps/5mbps Ultimate tier for almost three years now with no speed upgrades. I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:1

No announcements. Seeing that Cox is still trying to finish the complete nationwide roll out of DOCSIS 3.0 8 downstream channel x 4 upstream channel bonding, I doubt they are too concerned with what Verizon FiOS is going to do in the near future. Few Cox customers are going to switch to FiOS because of the increased speeds. Assuming the FCC does not mandate an 3 year analog signal extension to June 2015, Cox will be getting rid of analog channels sometime after 1 July 2012. This may allow more HD and VOD, which may be bigger profit generators than increased internet speeds. Deliberate carefully planned upgrades done on a reasonable schedule produce the least customer complaints. Panic induced hasty upgrades produce nightmarish levels of problems for customers.

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

still waiting for upstream channel bonding in Las Vegas

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to thecybernerd

said by thecybernerd:

Is cox planning on competing with Verizon's speed Upgrades next month. I have had their 50mbps/5mbps Ultimate tier for almost three years now with no speed upgrades. I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything.

you have fios available and you're on cable still. WAIT. WHAT?

Hoss
Sauters A Walrus

join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK

said by dvd536:

said by thecybernerd:

you have fios available and you're on cable still. WAIT. WHAT?

Did the OP mention that it was available in the post? I didn't see that there...

Shadowdane

join:2000-11-02
Fairfax, VA
reply to thecybernerd

I new config got dropped on my modem a few days ago and seeing faster speeds here:

May 26 2012 18:12:40 5-Warning Z00.0 MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=00:22:10:2d:b3:b2;CMTS-MAC=00:1d:a2:e7:a5:c5;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I'm on the 25/2.5 plan and I'm now getting closer to 35/4! Can anyone else confirm??

And here is the same connection a few months ago, same server:

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

said by Shadowdane:

I new config got dropped on my modem a few days ago and seeing faster speeds here:

May 26 2012 18:12:40 5-Warning Z00.0 MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=00:22:10:2d:b3:b2;CMTS-MAC=00:1d:a2:e7:a5:c5;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I'm on the 25/2.5 plan and I'm now getting closer to 35/4! Can anyone else confirm??

[att=1]
[att=2]

And here is the same connection a few months ago, same server:
[att=3]

Give 'em time. they'll cap down powerboost to 28mbps like they did here.