spc
Search similar:

uniqs

berniefl35
@bhn.net

berniefl35 to ispalten

Anon

to ispalten

Re: iPhone & Android tablet users get Bright House TV App Joy!

1% of the comments are about the app not loading and the other 99% are about the app only working on the "home network" as far as I remember dish network or directv has the ability to watch their tv shows anywhere,,im not sure if its one of them or both of them,,but as usual brighthouse and twc don't allow it,,,go figure....

JeffMD
join:2002-08-16
Edgewater, FL

1 recommendation

JeffMD to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I am sure most people would love it to be the app that they could take away from home. However currently there is no such app because the content providers, not the app makers, want the cable companies license to stay for home broadcasting only. Every instance of the station being taken outside of the home has been handled per station and by that stations own app.

Belive you me, the day, the hour that the stations agree to a new contract that allow the cable companies to provide a feed to its customers outside the home, a tiny switch (filter deleted I should say) is all that needs to be thrown for the app to go global.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by JeffMD:

I am sure most people would love it to be the app that they could take away from home. However currently there is no such app because the content providers, not the app makers, want the cable companies license to stay for home broadcasting only. Every instance of the station being taken outside of the home has been handled per station and by that stations own app.

Belive you me, the day, the hour that the stations agree to a new contract that allow the cable companies to provide a feed to its customers outside the home, a tiny switch (filter deleted I should say) is all that needs to be thrown for the app to go global.

Oh we are ready and hopeful for that day And its more of an update to each App but still an easy thing relatively speaking...there will still be some entitlement issues to work out so people can't cheat and share with their neighbor who doesn't have cable but that's all in the details.

berniefl35
@bhn.net

berniefl35

Anon

sounds good guys,, lets hope that day happens sooner than later,,, the app does work great anyways,, picture is clear and never buffers,, all in all a great app
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by berniefl35 :

sounds good guys,, lets hope that day happens sooner than later,,, the app does work great anyways,, picture is clear and never buffers,, all in all a great app

Bernie it will take time I won't lie and there is probably some frustrating moments before we get there. I really need you guys to trust me when I say we're on the same page but others we have to make happy (content owners) not so much but times are changing and we will get there.

RPEscue
@bhn.net

RPEscue

Anon

I have an HP Touchpad with CM9 alpha 2 ICS installed. I successfully installed the application,.but I cannot find a way to disable the root status required to put the new operating system on the tablet. This situation is very disappointing, as the application says it cannot run on a rooted device.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

The folks who helped you root the device should be able to help you with this...obviously I can't...sorry.

TURBO1112
join:2010-04-28
Dade City, FL

TURBO1112 to RPEscue

to RPEscue
You could try downloading OTA Rootkeeper. It can temporarily disable the root while you use the app.

JeffMD
Edgewater, FL

JeffMD to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Yea, I belive it just looks to see if you have super user status, so find a way to toggle that and you should be ok.

Upgraded my phone today to HTCs evo 3d (running ICS), app works great on it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by JeffMD:

Yea, I belive it just looks to see if you have super user status, so find a way to toggle that and you should be ok.

Upgraded my phone today to HTCs evo 3d (running ICS), app works great on it.

And your device is not rooted right? If so please provide us with a screenshot of your phone running the App so we can add it to the list.

JeffMD
Edgewater, FL

1 edit

JeffMD to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Click for full size
No root. Quick and dirty

By the way neither my ipod or phone have the dancing lines at the top of channel 13 anymore.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Thanks Jeff

Nayan
@bhn.net

Nayan to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Will this app work on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Nayan :

Will this app work on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

Does it run ICS?
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

on me and my wifes iphone 4s I get an error saying "cant fetch live tv data" or something.. any idea what causes that?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by tim tim tim:

on me and my wifes iphone 4s I get an error saying "cant fetch live tv data" or something.. any idea what causes that?

When does this happen Tim? Is it all the time, part of the time, when you do a specific thing? Need more data...
tim tim tim
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

every time.. I just got my phone a few days ago and have tried it 10+ times and never gotten it to work. I tried my wifes phone too to see if it was the phone and hers is doing the same thing.

All I did was download the app, I put my login info and the wheel starts rolling like its loading then it pops up with that error and then you click ok and the wheel continues to roll. After a few minutes it stops and just sits on a black screen.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Do you have data enablled? Wifi data specifically?
tim tim tim
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

yeah its on my home wifi from my SMC d3 modem.

Nayan
@bhn.net

Nayan to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Yes it runs ICS and I installed the app. Works beautifully!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Nayan :

Yes it runs ICS and I installed the app. Works beautifully!

Can you post a picture of the app running on your phone please

Nayan
@bhn.net

Nayan

Anon

Click for full size
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Nayan could you put some more light on the device for me and not so close up...I don't need it big...just very visible

Nayan
@bhn.net

Nayan

Anon

Click for full size
I can't make it smaller but I made it clearer . It's running on my Galaxy Tab 2 7".
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Thank you!
Expand your moderator at work

TURBO1112
Dade City, FL

TURBO1112 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: iPhone & Android tablet users get Bright House TV App Joy!

Works perfectly on Galaxy S3
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Could you take a pic of it working on the S3 please Turbo

TURBO1112
Dade City, FL

TURBO1112

Click for full size
Came out blurry. Hopefully it will do. If not i will try again in the morning.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Yea can you redo that...makes my eyes hurt and is very hard to see....btw there are reasons why I'm asking for these...one to share the experience with others and two so we can add it to the list of devices supported