BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Nayan

Premium Member

to Nayan

Re: iPhone & Android tablet users get Bright House TV App Joy!

said by Nayan :

Yes it runs ICS and I installed the app. Works beautifully!

Can you post a picture of the app running on your phone please

Nayan
@bhn.net

Nayan

Anon

Click for full size
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Nayan could you put some more light on the device for me and not so close up...I don't need it big...just very visible

Nayan
@bhn.net

Nayan

Anon

Click for full size
I can't make it smaller but I made it clearer . It's running on my Galaxy Tab 2 7".
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Thank you!
Expand your moderator at work

TURBO1112
join:2010-04-28
Dade City, FL

TURBO1112 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: iPhone & Android tablet users get Bright House TV App Joy!

Works perfectly on Galaxy S3
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Could you take a pic of it working on the S3 please Turbo

TURBO1112
join:2010-04-28
Dade City, FL

TURBO1112

Click for full size
Came out blurry. Hopefully it will do. If not i will try again in the morning.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Yea can you redo that...makes my eyes hurt and is very hard to see....btw there are reasons why I'm asking for these...one to share the experience with others and two so we can add it to the list of devices supported
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Anyone else have an ICS device working with BHTV not shown on the list? Please post a pic of it working on your ICS along with the make and model.
waynew
join:2012-03-16
Lake Mary, FL

waynew to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Is there an estimated time for when the app will work on a Google Nexus 7 tablet?

I just got one and Google Play states "Your device isn't compatible with this version". But I have heard that it works with tricks, but I hope I don't have to do that.

It runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (newer than ICS).
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

No news on Jellybean yet. I'll update you as I know more... promise

JeffMD
join:2002-08-16
Edgewater, FL

JeffMD to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I am kinda shocked it is not compatible with future versions of ICS. I guess this is why I still love iOS, never had an old app tell me it was incompatible/wont install just cause I upgraded my OS. -_-
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by JeffMD:

I am kinda shocked it is not compatible with future versions of ICS. I guess this is why I still love iOS, never had an old app tell me it was incompatible/wont install just cause I upgraded my OS. -_-

Unfortunately with Android each rev needs to be certified as compliant. As devices migrate to this platform I expect things to update BUT that is only if its compliant. Just because Google says it is won't fly...it will be tested first.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Any Update on the Google Nexus 7 Tablet ?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Any Update on the Google Nexus 7 Tablet ?

No

zip1212
@rr.com

zip1212

Anon

BHN Customer in Tampa, FL. writes ...

please please PLEASE Brighthouse make your TV App work for the Nexus 7 !!!! after listening all year to the commercials you guys run how you can watch TV on your tablet ( with BHN Login ) i finally bought one ! it would not run on the other tablet i tried either ... ( because it was 'rooted' ) i do not understand WHY you cannot run on a rooted device at all because i will still be using my BHN login ... and anyone with any sense about them ( or style atleast ) is going to be running their tablet rooted.!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

What version of Android are ya running?
waynew
join:2012-03-16
Lake Mary, FL

waynew to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Nexus run Jelly Bean (not supported yet you said). But there are lots of us eagerly waiting.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Yup you are correct....I will check on the status of Jellybean support when I return on Monday.

AMejia1976
join:2000-07-29
Kissimmee, FL

AMejia1976 to zip1212

to zip1212
said by zip1212 :

... and anyone with any sense about them ( or style atleast ) is going to be running their tablet rooted.!

Zip...

While this may be true for many of the members here; rooting is not something many average people/users do. Lets not forget that ROOTING voids most manufacturer warranties and those who root KNOW this and are willing to take the chance.

Further; the limitation is not placed by BHN; but by content owners as certain DRM parameters/requirements were not really met until later versions of Android were introduced.

As has been said in many of the threads here; just because you do; do not expect others to do the same.

@l3x
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by AMejia1976:

said by zip1212 :

... and anyone with any sense about them ( or style atleast ) is going to be running their tablet rooted.!

Zip...

While this may be true for many of the members here; rooting is not something many average people/users do. Lets not forget that ROOTING voids most manufacturer warranties and those who root KNOW this and are willing to take the chance.

Further; the limitation is not placed by BHN; but by content owners as certain DRM parameters/requirements were not really met until later versions of Android were introduced.

As has been said in many of the threads here; just because you do; do not expect others to do the same.

@l3x

I am not a fan of rooting unless you have superior technical skills and can afford to toss the device away should things go horribly wrong and it does happen. I get the premise behind doing it but....and it's a big but...do so at your own peril.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
When is BHN Going to Enable the ability to use the Coming Soon Feature's that are listed in the app store's of Google Play and Apple Itunes for BHTV App ?

TWC's Version already has those Feature Enabled and BHN Basically uses the same App as TWC's TWC TV App.

COMING SOON!
Finding your favorite shows
• Browse the interactive program guide with up to 7 days of TV listings
• Search for shows by title or episode name, and filter the results by genre
• Set favorite channels to create a personalized program guide
• View detailed program descriptions with color photos and cast information

Program your DVR or change channels from anywhere*
• Schedule one-time or series recordings, and change settings on compatible DVRs
• Change channels using your select Android™ devices and compatible DVR or cable box

BHN »play.google.com/store/ap ··· TV&hl=en

BHN »itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ··· 700?mt=8

TWC »play.google.com/store/ap ··· TV&hl=en

TWC »itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ··· 839?mt=8

Thanks
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Coming soon is one of those things I never was fond of....I'm more of a like wake up to Christmas surprises type things....oh but you are asking me....would it be okay if I just said coming soon?

Didn't think so....okay then....I'll let ya know when things change

zip1212
@rr.com

zip1212 to AMejia1976

Anon

to AMejia1976
ahhh well i did not want to get too deep into the politics of it but...

truth is YES i want to use MY own network with the device. ( requires root )

truth is YES i would like to be able to see my own systems files ( similar to hide system files (( options.. )) in view files in windows. again requires root )

truth is YES i want to be able to plug a usb keyboard, usb mouse, usb stick, or usb HDD into my device ! ( since it is limited to no media port again root is required.. )

did i legally buy the device YES. is rooted ? of course.

do i pay a bill already for the service and just want what they advertise as working all year ? ...

ok the limitation is not placed by BHN fine but one would tend to think BHN is no different then any other cable provider such as TW ( time warner which swapped territories with BHN here in s.fl some years ago ) whom has sensibly dropped the denial of service to rooted devices in their latest app.

do i have the latest version of android yes i am running jelly bean v4.1.2 so the DRM parameters/reqs are met according to your own statement

did i get it to work with my device YES ( even tho its listed as device not supported when you go to install the BHN app ) so i know its fully capable and possible just as the users/customers over at TW do with out having to beg. )

anyways just saying and i am not trying to fight, argue, or ridicule anyone. just to get the service to work for me as it does for others.

PS - do i want to root my device ? no not really .. am i forced to ? apparently if i want to use it for anything other then a door stop.
Nayan3
join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

1 recommendation

Nayan3

Well see, ya rooted your device and that's the issue. I have a non-rooted tablet that runs the app perfectly and I have no complaints .

zip1212
@rr.com

zip1212

Anon

just to clarify ... my unit works. i did speak a little too soon on the other stuff tho its actually only necessary to root if want to connect to mass storage. which is nice i suppose but ill stick take the functionality anyday.

JeffMD
join:2002-08-16
Edgewater, FL

1 recommendation

JeffMD to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Zip, you are wrong, the drm requirements for 4.x are NOT met on rooted devices.
JeffMD

JeffMD to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
yay... election night and the app cant connect.. oh and it lost my logon and password so now I have to go dig those up.