spc
Search similar:

uniqs
WiFiTech
join:2012-05-26
Rogers, AR

WiFiTech to digiblur

to digiblur

Re: [AR] AR-Rogers-Post Meadows Dr. 5-31-12 to date.

said by digiblur:

I would still terminate or get rid of those open ports. Just one of the variables in the mix that I would want to remove.

I would have brand-new coax from the drop to a 2 way splitter and that's it.

It is now set up with just the 2way. Also they line crew just showed up and put the line in the buried conduit. I am posting the oddities of that in just a few.
WiFiTech

1 edit

WiFiTech

6-12-12 SB6180 Connection 6:15PM

6-12-12 SB6180 Logs 6:15PM

6-12-12 PingTest 6:15PM
Click for full size
6-12-12 Weather 6:15PM

6-12-12 SpeedTest 6:15PM
Today, June 12th @ 5:00pm, the line crew showed up to put the cable into the conduit. I believe they placed RG6 into the conduit and not RJ11. I cautioned them to do it slow and easy or they would be doing it a second time. So of course they had to do it a second time. LOL.

With the Temperatures in the mid 80's or lower this last week the cable that was over the fence has been performing much better than prior to its being placed. Due to the better quality of service I have posted fewer times.

I rebooted the SB6180 and the RB751U-2HnD and the HSI seems to be doing very well. I will continue to monitor it over this next week and if God willing maybe the quality of service will stay at this level or higher.

Also, just FYI the Arris Modem and the DOCSIS 3.0 Modem are showing approximately the same levels 0.5 DS and ~46.0 US.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28 to WiFiTech

Premium Member

to WiFiTech
any upstream bonding?

digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur to WiFiTech

Premium Member

to WiFiTech
said by WiFiTech:

said by digiblur:

I would still terminate or get rid of those open ports. Just one of the variables in the mix that I would want to remove.

I would have brand-new coax from the drop to a 2 way splitter and that's it.

It is now set up with just the 2way. Also they line crew just showed up and put the line in the buried conduit. I am posting the oddities of that in just a few.

I was expecting a signal gain after that was corrected. Weird...
WiFiTech
join:2012-05-26
Rogers, AR

WiFiTech

6-24 6pm Connect

6-24 6pm Log

6-24 6pm Pingtest
Click for full size
6-24 6pm Weather

6-24 6pm Speedtest
I realize it has been a long time since post. This means things have been going well for about a week or two. Around 6pm on the 24th of June was our first Disruption of Service with a change in the norm. The Signal levels went up 1 46.5 to 47.5 and the Downstream went from the positive .05 - .09 to the negative side of - 0.2 to - 0.8. Everyone was bumped off for about a minute or so. Didn't see the modem so not sure if it rebooted, but logs say no. Service again seems to have auto corrected and the correctables/uncorrectables are not climbing by more than just a few. Will let you know more as time goes on, but seems we are on a path to dependable service.
WiFiTech

WiFiTech

6-26 Connection 10AM

6-26 Log 10AM

6-26 PingTest 10AM
Click for full size
6-26 Weather 10AM

6-26 Speedtest 10AM
It is 10 AM on Tuesday and we experienced another DNS sites failing to load. The Signal levels are again moving about. I rebooted the modem and the router this time. I looked at the Router and it has been up 1d 16 hours. Which coincides with the 6pm sunday issue. I am going to monitor the Router a bit closer to be sure it is not under any type of barrage.

The images above are after the hang up and before the reboot.
The DL levels are 1.0 to 1.2 and the upload signal is 46.5
WiFiTech

1 edit

WiFiTech

6-27 Connection 7AM

6-27 Log 7AM

6-27 PingTest 7AM
Click for full size
6-27 Weather 7AM

6-27 Speedtest 7AM
Just doing an update based on the morning temperatures. It took 3 tries and a homepage reload to get the weather.com page to load. The Download signals are a bit higher than usual in the 2.8 to 3.0 range and the Upload is at 46.0 which is where we seem to have the least Hangs, Server not found and other issues related to making requests for data from the web. As the modem has only been online for 20 hours and the correctable/uncorrectable seem to be at the 100/20 with 2-4 people using it most of those night into this morning. Again, not expecting perfection from the internet, and so far the service has been much, much more useable with less hassle. I would like to thank Ben (Cox Wichita) for his dedication, professionalism and staying in contact with us during the quest for a solution to the service issues we were experiencing. Also, thank you to those that posted ideas on things to try.

Sidenote: the Line Test from DSL Reports is showing a 2% packet loss to our IP. I am unsure of how much of the Physical Network this is, compared to the logical network. The link is »/pingt ··· /2916294