spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MarkIII

@bell.ca

[Homephone] Incoming calls fail (fast busy signal), outgoing wor

Since yesterday afternoon, all incoming calls are getting a fast busy signal. However, all outgoing calls work fine. I've switched out the phone for another, same problem, so I don't believe its the phone. I've also tried disconnecting my modem, just in case that was causing the problem. I have Bell Home phone, and their Fibe 12 internet package. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

Re: [Homephone] Incoming calls fail (fast busy signal), outgoing

The fact that you can make outgoing calls, but not get incoming calls would suggests the fault lies in Bells equipment.

Since you have POTS service with Bell I suggest calling their repair line at 611. Be warned that they will used the call as an opportunity to try selling you “line insurance, for only X.XX dollars per month” which IMHO is a total waste of money.

(POTS - plain old telephone service)

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to MarkIII
did you change phones provider ? are all calls local/long distance or even people with bell or other providers not passing?

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to MarkIII
Agree with Thane_Bitter. Sounds very much like a line issue I had 7 or 8 years ago.

MarkIII

@bell.ca
reply to MarkIII
Thank you. I have called Bell, and they are sending out a technician. To answer kovy's questions:
-No, I've been with bell since I moved here about 8 years ago
-All calls are failing - local, long distance from USA, cell calls.

However, as of the last 30 min or so, it started working again. When I call my land line from my cell phone, it rings now. Should I cancel the tech, or should I still have him come out?

Thanks again.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
The problem is likely intermittent then, I'd still have the tech come out. I doubt it's mysteriously solved itself permanently. Hopefully it's happening again when the tech is there.

ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario
reply to MarkIII
Sounds to me like you have a short on the line somewhere, and are getting ring trips, (could be inside or outside), the issue is probably still there even though you can receive calls again. Don't cancel the tech, the issue could and probably will come back