jlivingood
Premium Member
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA

1 recommendation

jlivingood

Premium Member

Get Your Home Network Ready for IPv6

You can find helpful directions on configuring your home gateway device (such as an Apple Airport Extreme) on MyDeviceInfo (»mydeviceinfo.comcast.net). It is significant and notable that, up to now, IP addressing (with IPv4) has been shared. That means a typical Internet user has used Network Address Translation (NAT) to share a single IP address across multiple devices in the home. That all changes with IPv6 - which means the need for NAT and shared addressing goes away. We hope this change will unleash new innovation in home networking and other in-home Internet services.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk

Hi there Jlivinggood...I went to the link about to see how to manually set up my AE5, but my system could not view the PHP file. The pdf symbol is there but when I try to download the file is PHP any idea on how to open those? Thanks for your help.

chc
@comcast.net

chc

Anon

Are you using firefox to download the .pdf file? If so, try using another browser. I am seeing the same problem using firefox on a mac but it doesn't appear to be a problem with chrome/safari.

jlivingood
Premium Member
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA

jlivingood to YukonHawk

Premium Member

to YukonHawk
said by YukonHawk:

Hi there Jlivinggood...I went to the link about to see how to manually set up my AE5, but my system could not view the PHP file. The pdf symbol is there but when I try to download the file is PHP any idea on how to open those? Thanks for your help.

Seems an odd bug with some browsers - so maybe try another browser.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk

Thanks JLiving and CHC for the solution.