Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JeffMD

join:2002-08-16
Edgewater, FL
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: iPhone & Android tablet users get Bright House TV App Joy!

This program and netflix are not even remotely the same. And for what ever reason the development team has chosen ICS as the bottom rung of OS support.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139

said by JeffMD:

This program and netflix are not even remotely the same. And for what ever reason the development team has chosen ICS as the bottom rung of OS support.

DRM is what it's all about. You can thank content owners for that decision.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to JeffMD

said by JeffMD:

You Want to Know to Why ? I'll Tell you it's Simple Android ICS 4.0 has Implemented Digital Rights Management framework aka DRM in the OS. that's why the BHNTV App only runs on ICS 4.0. it need's DRM Work. Here is a link »developer.android.com/sdk/androi···operApis when the page load's Click on the Android 4.0 for Developers link.

Media and connectivity

HTTP Live streaming
Bluetooth A2DP and HSP devices
Support for RTP
MTP/PTP file transfer
DRM framework
Input from keyboard, mouse, gamepad, joystick

I Hope this Post Clear's thing's up as to why BHNTV App will only run on ICS.

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by JeffMD:

DRM is what it's all about. You can thank content owners for that decision.

Sorry Gary I didn't see you post.
Expand your moderator at work