spc
Search similar:

uniqs

logcabinboy
join:2001-07-23
Whitmore, CA

logcabinboy

Upgraded

I only subscribe to the DSL lite package. They doubled my speed a few months ago, after years of the same speed. It was never worth upgrading because the DSL max was pretty much the same speed as the lite.

before upgrade

after upgrade
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

Am I the only Frontier customer that has issues with the DSLR speedtests? I have a 6/1 DSL connection but I can never achieve more than 3/1 (and usually less than 1/1) on the speedtests here.

It's not a Frontier issue; I can peg my connection when downloading from/uploading to the 10mbit/s connection at my employer. I can peg it on Frontier speedtests. I can peg it when downloading Windows updates or Linux distributions from various FTP sites. It's just the speedtests here and it doesn't seem to matter which site I use or whether I use the Flash or Java test.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Speed tests in general tend to be iffy. The Java one here seems to be the most reliable but it's dependent on the peering. The tests here just need to run for a longer duration on a single stream of data rather than pipe in data in bursts. Testmy.net does this however their site as of late has been really inaccurate, especially on the upload tests.