Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Aravan24

join:2012-05-31
Mason, MI
reply to Aravan24

Re: Broadstripe issues

I should point out that since the overall transition to WOW as the service provider is still in progress, Broadstripe is still the one doing the tech support. This may be part of the issue as they may not have full knowledge of how the WOW personnel are performing the firmware upgrades for these specific modems.

It was a WOW guy that came to my house today. And fixed nothing!

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:36
reply to Aravan24
said by Aravan24:

I should point out that since the overall transition to WOW as the service provider is still in progress, Broadstripe is still the one doing the tech support. This may be part of the issue as they may not have full knowledge of how the WOW personnel are performing the firmware upgrades for these specific modems.

I responded to Aravan privately, but I believe I was able to resolve his issue. Waiting for confirmation from him. I needed help from a few other departments, because I don't have access to everything that was needed, but after an hour or two, I was able to get his modem to a working state. I can't guarantee I will be able to fix all issues for former Broadstripe customers at this time, but I'm open to doing as much as I can if anyone else needs help.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center

Aravan24

join:2012-05-31
Mason, MI
I also responded to WOW_Dan privately but wanted to also post my thanks for all his help, as well as the help of the engineers and account personnel who assisted him, here publicly. All the extra effort payed off and my modem is back online and functioning perfectly. Given that I'm an IT professional who occasionally has to work remotely this is a huge win.

I think that the fact that this forum has the support of such a skilled and helpful technician is truly a credit to WOW and I am beyond thankful for all the help.

Thanks again Dan!

quicksticks

join:2012-06-01
Portland, MI
That is awesome...now if I could get mine going!! What did he do?

quicksticks

join:2012-06-01
Portland, MI
Mine seems to be working today. Not sure how. The only thing is my send/recv lights are staying blue and normally are green. But I am staying connected.

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:36
said by quicksticks:

Mine seems to be working today. Not sure how. The only thing is my send/recv lights are staying blue and normally are green. But I am staying connected.

The blue lights indicate that the modem is bonding channels. I don't believe Broadstripe had launched DOCSIS 3.0 yet, so with only 1 channel each way, the lights would be green. When we took over the internet traffic recently, the CMTSs were configured for DOCSIS 3.0, so your upstream and downstream should now show as blue lights, this is a good thing
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
Network Operations Center