page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · next

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
kudos:1
reply to Snuffbox

Re: [Poll] First to MoP

TWSS, to the large shaman population......in seriousness though, I don't see why, no offense to you shamans but it is probably the most boring class to play for me in the game.

Treebark
Premium
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC
reply to Snuffbox

Boomkin
Surv Hunter

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Snuffbox

Arms warrior eventhough most of the feedback has been slightly negative. I love my samurai :P

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Snuffbox

Likely Brewmaster Monk and Prot warrior. Plan on raiding with the monk, so it'll be the priority.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Treebark

i understand tree, but i find boomers to be equally as boring as you find a shaman

Bahamut X
Premium
join:2000-12-09
Fort Worth, TX

1 edit
reply to Snuffbox

Probably in this order:

Protection Paladin
Destruction Warlock (This is just FUN on the beta)
Arms Warrior

and then the farming crew :P
--
"He's on that Jazz, man"...

Maxxh

join:2011-05-17
Boston, MA
reply to Snuffbox

Spriest - Crogue - UHdeathknight - ELshaman - BrewMonk

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to Snuffbox

I picked Guardian druid. Likely going to be tanking next expansion.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Snuffbox

I'm excited and nervous about learning how Disc/Holy changes for my priest. That will likely be my first in MoP (for the guild's sake). R.Druid will be next... then my DK (if my guild need another tank at that time). From there... i'll probably start a healing monk.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Snuffbox

First character to 90 will be my main (Caelharrad, marks hunter). He's rocking full T13 (LFR) right now, so it will be weird to start swapping in quest greens as I play through the new zones. Second will be my blood DK alt (Grauldin), assuming I can get him to L85 before Mists hits.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Caelharrad:

First character to 90 will be my main (Caelharrad, marks hunter). He's rocking full T13 (LFR) right now, so it will be weird to start swapping in quest greens as I play through the new zones.

that part always sucks. I've learned to replace my purples as soon as possible like ripping off a bandage. the stats could be good for a couple levels or so... but I need to break the attachment.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

IIRC, it'll probably be the 2nd zone in before you start replacing 397s. The first area is mostly 372/383. Dungeons start out at higher, 425 for level 85 dungeon drops.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5

Yeah I didn't replace my Quel'delar on my DK until Uldum. Ramkahen Ceremonial Hammer. Same exact stats, just higher. I had some gear that got replaced pretty quick and some that I kept till 85 cause I never found a suitable replacement lol.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Snuffbox

Protection Paladin for sure, then Mage, after that as they go. At this point I don't know if I'll be leveling Alliance or Horde first. I'm guessing Horde as they have been sitting on the side lines for months and only have 378 gear right now.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

What's everyone liking so much about the Prot Pallies? I haven't followed them at all.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

said by Snuffbox:

What's everyone liking so much about the Prot Pallies? I haven't followed them at all.

They are the be all end all. The main thing is they have very high survivability due to wearing plate and self healing. For me they make a good scout of the content so that I know how to handle it with my more squishy toons.
--
When will the people realize that with DRM they aren't purchasing anything?

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Snuffbox

said by Snuffbox:

Most ez mode cruise control class out there.

Ain't no surprise honestly.
--
Here's the final bullet,

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to Snuffbox

Great question and I’m honestly not sure right now. I have at least one of each class at 85, but I really feel no desire to take them end game so quickly.

If I had to pick one, and I did for your poll, I went with Demo Lock. Easiest toon to level in my experience, kicks ass in generally every scenario you can put them into in game and the survival abilities are great. Well maybe not as great as the SL/SL days, but still pretty OP in my opinion in levelling & lower instance / bg scenarios. A hunter (any spec) would be my choice for number 2, again based on the above. Plus, they are just fun to play.

However, in keeping with the Pandarian expansion, this next expansion for me will be about exploration as well. I’ll be diving head first into the waters of the Spirtwalkers, and I don’t plan on emerging for at least a year. My personal digital Kilimanjaro will be hopefully one of the first on my server taking this class and spec t to high end, end game content.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

said by Caelharrad:

First character to 90 will be my main (Caelharrad, marks hunter). He's rocking full T13 (LFR) right now, so it will be weird to start swapping in quest greens as I play through the new zones.

that part always sucks. I've learned to replace my purples as soon as possible like ripping off a bandage. the stats could be good for a couple levels or so... but I need to break the attachment.

Well, given that the T13 2-pc bonus is absolutely GODLY for hunters (double focus from steady/cobra shot), I think I'll be keeping at least 2-piece T13 for quite awhile, probably until I start acquiring some MoP dungeon/T14 gear.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

that all depends on stat inflation in MoP. I haven't looked into it really.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

I'm excited and nervous about learning how Disc/Holy changes for my priest. That will likely be my first in MoP (for the guild's sake). R.Druid will be next... then my DK (if my guild need another tank at that time). From there... i'll probably start a healing monk.

definitely lvling the priest first.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb1nMljcZ60&hd=1

thank you, Derevka.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to Snuffbox

Oh... that's why....

Bahamut X
Premium
join:2000-12-09
Fort Worth, TX
reply to JB

said by JB:

said by Snuffbox:

Most ez mode cruise control class out there.

Ain't no surprise honestly.

Ya, a bit of that changed in Mists.

Main 2 reasons for leveling my paladin over the warrior/DK is a) best geared prot specced class I have (Warrior is arms/fury, DK is a farm toon) and just personal preference.

And yes, it can be an ez mode class. This helps when farming stuff, as I can watch my movies on my off monitor.
--
"He's on that Jazz, man"...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Bahamut X:

I can watch my movies on my off monitor.

Movies look better when the monitor is on.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

said by Bahamut X:

I can watch my movies on my off monitor.

and tank raids you mean
--
Here's the final bullet,

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

that all depends on stat inflation in MoP. I haven't looked into it really.

It's there if you get the dungeon blues right off the bat, though it isn't like Cata where your ilvl 272 heroic ICC 25 gear was replaced by the first crafted greens or green drops in Hyjal that were ilvl 278. Most toons or for most of us, alts that are in ilvl 378 and some 397 gear won't be changing gear until the 2nd zone if all you're looking at is quest and drop greens.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

Whats the word on gems in MoP?

And have there been enough QQ yet to keep head enchants? (atleast for older content?)

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Mists gems have double allocations of non-primary stats (instead of equal). That means (using the rare gem Cata scales), you'd have a choice between 40 int and 80 haste (or a 20 int/40 haste hybrid). I don't believe they're changing what stats are what colors.

The "legendary" questline appears to reward +500 primary stat gems for use in weapons from the last bosses of Heart of Fear and Terrace. WoWDB currently has the weapons listed as having a "hydraulic socket", but I'd wager that's just a data mining quirk.

EDIT: Legendary stuff from MMO:

Legendary Questline Update
After meeting Wrathion and sharing a drink with him, he gives you a quest that requires you to collect Sigil of Power x 10 and Sigil of Wisdom x 10.

When LFR opened for testing tonight, we found that Sigil of Power drops from every boss 100% of the time. It appears as a quest objective in the tooltips for most bosses in Raid Finder difficulty, but drops from all of the bosses that have been killed so far.

Earlier today, we saw that Sigil of Wisdom appeared as a quest objective on Grand Empress Shek'zeer's tooltip in 25 Man Normal Difficulty Heart of Fear. Unfortunately, no one was able to kill her to confirm that it actually drops. Keep in mind that this is beta and things can change in the future and may not be working as intended.

Once 10 of each Sigil has been collected, Warthion sends you into the Terrace of Endless Spring to defeat the Sha of Fear. Before entering the Terrace of Endless Spring, you must have completed the Heart of Fear raid. Upon defeating the Sha of Fear you will loot a Chimera of Fear from him and bring it back to Wrathion.

When the items that you collected are combined, you will be able to choose from a Crystallized Dread, Crystallized Horror, or Crystallized Terror gem. These gems are unique equipped, and go into a Sha-Touched socket in the weapons below. These weapons drop from bosses in Terrace of the Endless Spring and the last boss of Heart of Fear.

Update: It appears Accession (US-Stormreaver) was able to kill the Grand Empress Shek'zeer and confirm that a single Sigil of Wisdom dropped. The first person to loot the boss with the quest got it.

Also, don't forget that you could originally get Elementium Gem Cluster from LFR on the Patch 4.3 PTR, which turned out to be a bug. When introducing the Raid Finder, Blizzard said "Also, there are certain items, as well as components for legendary weapons, which will not drop in Raid Finder raids".

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to bTU

"It's there if you get the dungeon blues right off the bat, though it isn't like Cata where your ilvl 272 heroic ICC 25 gear was replaced by the first crafted greens or green drops in Hyjal that were ilvl 278"

Well, close, I guess... 25 H ICC gear was 277 and the green cata gear is 272. You didnt replace your H ICC gear until lvl 83 from deepholme quests. So yes, you will get some use out of your H DS gear for the first 2 lvls.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
reply to Snuffbox

Arcane mage which will rotate rest bonus with my BM hunter and prot pally. Mage will be first into the dungeons so I can learn them so I can tank them later on.