uniqs
« MoPBoA Gear »
This is a sub-selection from [Poll] First to MoP
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox

Re: [Poll] First to MoP

I picked demonology warlock because that will be the easiest to level. As far as what spec will I play @90, that will depend on which spec will have the highest potential DPS output in the current content as I am sure will be the case with all the other min/max'ers out there. So IMO your poll is kind of pointless, unless you just want to see what classes will be leveled up first.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

No, the OP states not to take leveling into consideration.

Most players have an idea what class/spec they expect to do well (whether it's heals/dps/tanking) and most of us have multiple classes to choose from.

Not at all pointless, and absolutely reflects class expecations to some degree.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

said by Snuffbox:

Not at all pointless, and absolutely reflects class expecations to some degree.

Do you think people are more apt to play what they consider powerful, instead of what they've historically enjoyed and/or built up?

I personally don't care so much about relative power levels, but made my choice based my history with the character.

(also I meant to say Prot Warrior instead of Fury Warrior, but I'm bad at polls)

EDIT: can you have two polls in a thread? Might be interesting to ask "and was this your main coming out of Cata?"

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

Do you think people are more apt to play what they consider powerful, instead of what they've historically enjoyed and/or built up?

Do you think that there's no relationship between powerful and enjoyment?

Either way, short answer is yes.

Not everyone will take what they think will be powerful/enjoyable Some people only have one class for example, or are uncomfortable with a new class. This is why sample size is absolutely crucial.

But yes, if a large enough sample size is taken, you will absolutely begin to see a relationship between enjoyment/overpowered versus what people are most comfortable with.

My Rogue has more hours under him than anything else... by far... and largely due to the 1S GCD he's usually what I enjoy the most. However, he is not who I will be bringing to MoP based on current changes.
said by Nick D:

EDIT: can you have two polls in a thread? Might be interesting to ask "and was this your main coming out of Cata?"

Unfortunately no