dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from ... and now we have caps.
Proclan
join:2006-11-24
Toledo, OH

Proclan to NWOhio2

to NWOhio2

Re: ... and now we have caps.

There business site also states a cap on the packages

BEX_Slave
@buckeyecom.net

BEX_Slave

Anon

One rep a week ago told me ONLY Streaming Video would be counted, and E-Mail/Web surfing would not. She obviously didn't know what she was talking about.

I have been a 10 year customer, I called and they gave me the 26/1.5 with 350GB on new customer pricing. Lowered my bill by $15 and added 10mbps. But my monthly average is 500-1000GB. Still not enough GB.

I am looking at getting multiple 6mbps DSL lines, but as it seems, all Toledo DSL is just sourced to buckeye or ATT and both have even lower caps on DSL.

Is there any unlimited internet in Toledo? Should I just save up $10K and have cogent run me a dedicated line?

bex_caps
@buckeyecom.net

bex_caps to Proclan

Anon

to Proclan
What are the business caps, if any? I can't believe they are going to cap businesses. Perhaps I'll inquire to see if any of my customers have received anything with their bill.

If this is true, some of my (business) customers are going to positively sh** bricks, and we'll probably have to start banning Internet radio, youtube, set up central patch servers, etc.

Cheers.

PS: Now would be the time for Google or someone else with no caps and more speed to come into the area of NW Ohio, and eat Buckeye's (and all of the other incumbent capped carriers) lunch ....
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

They don't have caps. You would not pay the same and have SLAs if they capped you.

Their site also does NOT state caps and reps will tell you they are cap free.

How can you charge someone $300+ a month for a service and cap it? It would be cheaper for said company to go purchase a leased FULLY dedicated line from an actual telco and be cap free.

and Bex_Caps they are free to. Nothing is stopping them- and NEVER has. Also if you didn't get the Memo- Google has all but basically given up on their FTTH project. and FYI- Overbuilding is pointless and the overbuilder always loses.

25139889 (banned) to bex_caps

to bex_caps
Also no carrier is going to come to TOL and build a wired network. It costs too much and there is NO ROI on it.

And Google is finding out how expensive it is. They've done but all given up on their FTTH dreams already.

Also you would find out more than 90% of the people will NOT give up their current provider. That is a HUGE reason VZ's FiOS network is NOT expanding and NEVER will at this point. And also that is why at&t is NOT building out new U-Verse areas. They can't get customers to switch.
This is a sub-selection from ... and now we have caps.