uniqs
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to FifthE1ement

Premium Member

to FifthE1ement

Re: Can't we all just get along... Fo shizal!

Now im lost again. If i subscribe to hbo and dont have a cable card i get hbo ondemand thru my cable box. Why would i want it thru roku?

CableHelp
@comcast.net

CableHelp

Anon

Someone might want HBO GO in another room that doesn't have a cable box, like a bedroom or office. Not everyone wants to rent a cable box for every tv in the home.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to rody_44

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

Now im lost again. If i subscribe to hbo and dont have a cable card i get hbo ondemand thru my cable box. Why would i want it thru roku?

Number one reason is that HBO Go has 100% of the HBO catalog, that includes every season and episode of just about every series (Game of Thrones, True Blood, Sopranos, etc.) they have ever made and every movie that is currently playing on HBO. The catalog that is available on your box is approx 25% of everything available from HBO. Number two reason is as CableHelp said that you might not have a box on every TV and this allows you to use HBO Go on your tablet, phone, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox 360, Roku, Notebook and home computers. But like I said before in this post Samsung Smart TV and Roku are out on Comcast as they aren't allowing it yet. Got it now, lol?

5th
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

I kind of understand.