spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Teeze
join:2011-04-26
Bunkie, LA

Teeze

[Home Network] Continuous ongoing sync issues

I have DSL service. Have had AT&T techs come out numerous times over the past several years, only to tell me that everything checks out fine. Spoke yesterday with tech at Actiontec (using the forum-recommended Actiontec modem). He looked at a few stats and indicated the culprit is "Near end CRC errors interleave" at 7400- should be 1000. Called AT&T- of course they have no clue as to what this is. Checked line while on phone- said it looked fine. Sending tech out again today. I'm quite sure that will not solve any issues. Can anyone tell me what this means? My service is bad, really bad. No other viable options, other than satellite. Very frustrating.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Teeze:

I have DSL service. Have had AT&T techs come out numerous times over the past several years, only to tell me that everything checks out fine. Spoke yesterday with tech at Actiontec (using the forum-recommended Actiontec modem). He looked at a few stats and indicated the culprit is "Near end CRC errors interleave" at 7400- should be

have you used a different modem?

the Actiontec isn't supported by AT&T, that's why they're hesitant to help you.
Teeze
Bunkie, LA

Teeze

Yes I've tried AT&T supplied Westel, Motorola, and 2Wire modems. Currently using Actiontec -based on advice from this forum - because it tends to resync better than the others. Any recommendations on the best quality modem that is supported by AT&T? Maybe there's a newer model out that I could try...
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Teeze:

Yes I've tried AT&T supplied Westel, Motorola, and 2Wire modems. Currently using Actiontec -based on advice from this forum - because it tends to resync better than the others. Any recommendations on the best quality modem that is supported by AT&T? Maybe there's a newer model out that I could try...

the actiontec's have never been recommended that much here.
people just read about them and tend to use them rather than going with the highly suggested Motorola 3347 model modems....

you really out to have ATT check out your line as syncing issues may indicate a connection problem from your NID going out to ATT.

but then again, it maybe an inside wiring issue as well. some people have spaghetti wires inside that it causes problems. do you have a homerun from the NID?

hook up either your motorola or 2wire and post your stats here, then we'll go from there.

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid to Teeze

to Teeze
said by Teeze:

I have DSL service. Have had AT&T techs come out numerous times over the past several years, only to tell me that everything checks out fine. Spoke yesterday with tech at Actiontec (using the forum-recommended Actiontec modem). He looked at a few stats and indicated the culprit is "Near end CRC errors interleave" at 7400- should be

So you spoke w/ a tech that gave you advice reg what he "thinks" things should be on a network that he doesn't even work on ? Where is the info for that proposed benchmark CRC stat ? What "near end", that means nothing, sorry.

With that said, have you ruled out your house connection and tested from the NID ? I know sometimes this may not be easy to do, but you've given no indication that it's been done.

Just my 2c.
Teeze
Bunkie, LA

Teeze

OK I've now installed the Motorola 3347 and sync issues are much improved. Still occasional drop outs but much better. As far as home wiring, I had a home run installed years ago by the company that handles all of the telco equipment at my office. It checks out fine. Not sure what "testing from the NID" means... Will research. Apparently it's not a routine test that would have been conducted by any of the AT&T techs that have been sent to my home. Thanks for the recommendation on the 3347 modem.
medbuyer
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Teeze:

As far as home wiring, I had a home run installed years ago by the company that handles all of the telco equipment at my office. It checks out fine.

can you post a pic of this homerun wiring?
said by Teeze:

Not sure what "testing from the NID" means... Will research. Apparently it's not a routine test that would have been conducted by any of the AT&T techs that have been sent to my home. Thanks for the recommendation on the 3347 modem.

read about NID testing here...»AT&T Southeast Forum FAQ »How to check modem stats, synch rates & speeds from test jack at the NID.