said by Trooper:
What I want to know (baby step it please) is exactly what I need and how to set that up in my bedroom so that I have internet (wifi) in the bedroom (and that end of our home).
There is simple and there is cheap.Simple:
1) Pick up an ECB2200 on Amazon
2) Get a 1Ghz splitter
. Connect the coax from the wall in the bedroom to the splitter. Connect the STB to one tap on the splitter. Connect the ECB2200 to the other tap on the splitter.
3) Get a Wireless Access Point
. Connect the WAP to the ethernet port on the ECB2200.
1) Pick up an Actiontec MI424WR router on ebay
2) Connect the splitter per step 2 above.
3) Follow the instructions in part 2 of the following FAQ:
»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ
»Can I get an ethernet connection in a room with only coax?
Do not connect the router to the coax until instructed to do so in the FAQ.--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.