spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Nick_C
join:2004-09-12
England

Nick_C

Accessing our own static external IP from local network

I have setup a firewall rule and port forwarding on our P662-HW to allow HTTP traffic to a particular server. Problem is when I try and test this from another machine within the internal network by trying to access the External IP the traffic does not seem to get forwarded.

Lets say webserver is on 192.168.10.10 and external IP is 123.123.123.1. From withing the network say machine 192.168.10.30, I try and access 123.123.123.1:80. However the traffic does not seem to get forwarded to the webserver.

As I have only one internet connection I have no way of testing this out.

Is there any way of getting this router to loop this traffic as if it were coming from outside and forward it appropriately.

Thanks,
Nick
smportis4
join:2006-01-22
Nashville, TN

smportis4

How is the firewall rule and NAT set up?

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Nick_C

Premium Member

to Nick_C
Not sure if you mean thats the way you want it to work??

Any user within the network should access the machine by its internal LANIP address, NOT by the external address.

External users should us the public WANIP as noted.
For testing purpose simply get someone to test it be it a client or a friend etc or someone here...... you can use GRC.com to see if the port is open and accessible.
OGalati
join:2005-08-19

OGalati to Nick_C

to Nick_C
After creating a Port Forwarding rule, and a firewall rule (if you have firewall enabled), you must use the Telnet command:
ip nat loopback on

Regards.

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano

MVM

To make it persistent (survive reboot) you have to add it to autoexec.net ... here's how-to »nat loopback 660hwt
Nick_C
join:2004-09-12
England

Nick_C

Yep, thats it works perfectly.

sys edit autoexec.net
add line:
ip nat loop back on

Thanks for your help,