JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada
reply to JCohen

Re: Channels gone, now what?

said by JCohen:

said by JAC70:

said by BliZZardX:

Rogers could technically blow Bell out of the water with upload speed but it's clear that they fail at running their network and let Bell get eons ahead of them.

Sorry, to which Bell network are you referring?

The only Bell network, the one that serves all of Ontario and Quebec.

I thought you might be differentiating between Bell's POTS DSL service and their fibre service. When did their network become better than Rogers'?

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

said by JAC70:

I thought you might be differentiating between Bell's POTS DSL service and their fibre service. When did their network become better than Rogers'?

Bell offers 7 mbit upload speeds, shortly being changed to 10mbit.
This has allowed them to claim that they offers the fastest internet in canada. Rogers no longer has the rights to claim this.
--
Hello

c_gadfly

join:2008-05-23
reply to aereolis

Thanks, OP. My 8-year old was freaking out about Treehouse not showing up any more. 65 got moved to 19.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
reply to aereolis

they actually have 50 and 150mbit upload now it seems.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to aereolis

This was on my bill.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CABLE TV NETWORK ENHANCEMENT TO DIGITAL &
CHANNEL CHANGES

Our Cable TV network enhancement from analog to digital is underway. If you have already ordered and connected your Digital
Adapter(s) then no further action is required. If you still need to order, kindly visit rogers.com/digitaladapter for details or call us
at 1 800 530-4034. If you do not order and connect your Digital Adapter(s) before May 28, 2012, then the following channel
changes will apply to TVs connected directly to cable outlets without a Digital Adapter:

The Shopping Channel is moving to ch.95 (currently on ch.19); Vision TV is moving to ch.96 (currently on ch. 95); YTV is moving to
ch. 19 (currently on ch. 65); W is moving to ch. 70 (currently on ch.62 ) and APTN is moving to ch. 129 (currently on ch. 70).
Ontario Legislature (currently on ch. 129), VRAK (currently on ch.63) and TeleQbc (currently on ch.96) will no longer be available to
you on analog. All other aspects of your Rogers service(s) will remain the same.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

will remain the same untill the next digital migration, which will be next year...

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

This was on my bill.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CABLE TV NETWORK ENHANCEMENT TO DIGITAL &
CHANNEL CHANGES

Our Cable TV network enhancement from analog to digital is underway. If you have already ordered and connected your Digital
Adapter(s) then no further action is required. If you still need to order, kindly visit rogers.com/digitaladapter for details or call us
at 1 800 530-4034. If you do not order and connect your Digital Adapter(s) before May 28, 2012, then the following channel
changes will apply to TVs connected directly to cable outlets without a Digital Adapter:

The Shopping Channel is moving to ch.95 (currently on ch.19); Vision TV is moving to ch.96 (currently on ch. 95); YTV is moving to
ch. 19 (currently on ch. 65); W is moving to ch. 70 (currently on ch.62 ) and APTN is moving to ch. 129 (currently on ch. 70).
Ontario Legislature (currently on ch. 129), VRAK (currently on ch.63) and TeleQbc (currently on ch.96) will no longer be available to
you on analog. All other aspects of your Rogers service(s) will remain the same.

Don't forget people channel lineups are different areas too. I have had a bunch of service calls lately for "older" people wanting to get vision tv on analog and they were told to get adaptors (this' in toronto).
--
Hello

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to aereolis

said by aereolis:

said by JAC70:

Bell offers 7 mbit upload speeds, shortly being changed to 10mbit.
This has allowed them to claim that they offers the fastest internet in canada. Rogers no longer has the rights to claim this.

Rogers still has the fastest download speeds in the majority of markets where it competes with Bell. Also, upload speeds are slowly being upgraded on Rogers as well. So neither Bell or Rogers can universally claim they offer the fastest internet.