All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
addicusbrown
join:2006-04-09
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

addicusbrown to Smith6612

to Smith6612

[Interleave/Fastpath] Re: Need to switch between Interleave and FastPath? Part 2

How do I find this information so I can post it. It isn't showing as presented in my router information. I appreciate the assistance.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

@addicusbrown: Which modem are you using? Just need to know that info so we can point you in the right direction.

@Ledgem: Looks like that Verizon building may have the equipment. Have them turn on FastPath and if possible, push the line to 7.1Mbps. We'll talk then if more speed can be gotten, but I don't imagine 10Mbps and maybe 15Mbps with ADSL2+ is out of the question. It's hard to say at the moment for sure where your line tops out at since the margin on most modems tops at 31dB and each line is different. Essentially, an educated guess.

@slliders: You're golden for both. Ask for FastPath and also see if you can get 15Mbps/1Mbps on that line (or 7.1Mbps/768kbps if ADSL2+ DSLAMs are not available) as you are pretty close to the source of DSL and the transmit power might be that low to the point where it isn't being reported correctly. If you're on a remote, don't expect more than 3Mbps though. Again, hard to tell exactly but you've got plenty of room there for increases.
addicusbrown
join:2006-04-09
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

addicusbrown

I am using the Actiontec GT704GB Gateway router. I did just purchase a Rosewill RNX-N300RT (RNWB-11001) Wireless Router I am trying to replace the Actiontec with if I could only get it to actually get the Dynamic IP address.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Since California uses DHCP you'll want to set the ActionTec up on Bridge mode and leave it alone for a few hours. After a few hours with no connectivity, have your Rosewill try getting an IP. That should renew a DHCP lease and get it working.