spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sillyshydq

join:2012-05-15

new speeds when?

When is FIOS verizon going to let current customers upgrade to the new plans?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:31
I guess you couldn't be bothered to read the following thread:
»Verizon upgrading FIOS tiers
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

prisaz

join:2008-08-11
Germantown, MD
reply to sillyshydq
This month. In May next month means June.
»newscenter.verizon.com/press-rel···-of.html

pappy97

join:2007-03-12
Dallas, TX
reply to sillyshydq
June 18.

jtavarez

join:2011-10-27
Plainfield, NJ
reply to sillyshydq
said by sillyshydq:

said by sillyshydq:

June 17th as per this link that was posted on the other thread
»www.theverge.com/2012/6/2/305974···et-plans

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
reply to sillyshydq
So let's see if I understand this... I currently have triple play with 35/35... I will NOT automatically get 75/35, but If I want 75/35, I can pay extra for the privilege ????
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
Yes.

The pricing for new bundled packages hasn't been released yet, though. So you could end up being able to upgrade for no monthly increase, but that's unlikely, imo.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

prisaz

Germantown, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to sillyshydq
If you are one of the original customers that have stuck it out through thick and thin, don't expect to see any of the higher Quantum speeds above 75/35. The older infrastructure does not support 150/65, and Verizon does not see it cost effective to upgrade us that have supported the continued build out. Without the existing customers FiOS would be nothing! So take it or leave it is the new attitude, and don't let the dore hit you on the read end on the way out.

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
said by prisaz:

If you are one of the original customers that have stuck it out through thick and thin, don't expect to see any of the higher Quantum speeds above 75/35. The older infrastructure does not support 150/65, and Verizon does not see it cost effective to upgrade us that have supported the continued build out. Without the existing customers FiOS would be nothing! So take it or leave it is the new attitude, and don't let the dore hit you on the read end on the way out.

No No and No the length of time you have been a customer has nothing to do with whether or not you can get speeds over 75/35. The infrastructure in your CO does.

I am an original customer from 7 years ago I can get 300mbps. Why? Cause the CO has been upgrade as have many over the years.

flashcore

join:2007-01-23
united state
said by danclan:

said by prisaz:

No No and No the length of time you have been a customer has nothing to do with whether or not you can get speeds over 75/35. The infrastructure in your CO does.

I am an original customer from 7 years ago I can get 300mbps. Why? Cause the CO has been upgrade as have many over the years.

Same over here, my CO was built as BPON only and I was using it, yet here I am now running on 150/65 with GPON. Oh and to the original post, I am also in MD so maybe its just you they don't want to service with higher speeds.

prisaz

Germantown, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

4 edits
said by flashcore:

said by danclan:

said by prisaz:

If you are one of the original customers that have stuck it out through thick and thin, don't expect to see any of the higher Quantum speeds above 75/35. The older infrastructure does not support 150/65, and Verizon does not see it cost effective to upgrade us that have supported the continued build out. Without the existing customers FiOS would be nothing! So take it or leave it is the new attitude, and don't let the door hit you on the rear end on the way out.

Same over here, my CO was built as BPON only and I was using it, yet here I am now running on 150/65 with GPON. Oh and to the original post, I am also in MD so maybe its just you they don't want to service with higher speeds.

Yea. So it is probably just me. Or Germantown Maryland! Always pay my bills on time, have supported them all the way. I should have spent all my years over here instead of their community since 2008. Perhaps It is my personality. Perhaps that is the problem. I need to tell them to FO!

117 Units in our Neighborhood. Out of those 80 have ONTs visable from the street. Mine is down starirs, so there may be more. Since I am on the HOA Board. I think I will bring it up in our next board meeting, and call the cable franchise office in regards to how many open holes are in ground where Verizon has open covers. I guess a few broken bones would pay for some ONTs. They never bolt the covers down!

OK they need to Upgrade our CO! It is not like they are not continuing to build out in Germantown, Maryland. I was thinking of how well It would work if I set my Linux box up to load balance between Comcast and Verizon. Then I could get over 100Mbps and a redundant provider. Really prefer to just get the 65Mbps+ uploads.