Belkin N150 (planning on buying)
I'm planning on getting the Belkin N150 and I was wondering how good is it? I mean for Xbox Live, web browsing, and Netflix. I'm planning on using it with Comcast when I switch over. Any problems, any good things about this particular router?
You don't want to buy the Belkin N150 you won't get:
N750 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router for $130
N750 DB Wireless Dual-Band USB Adapter for $80
1) As good as range and signal.
2) No gigabyte port just 10Mbps/100 ports only
3) Only does 150Mbps on wireless N
4) only 2 Internal antennas
5) does not Detect or resolves and fixes network problems
6) Does not Streams stored music to devices around your home
7) Does not do wireless printing
8) Does not have any extended wireless coverage for larger homes at all.
9) Isn't at all optimized for streaming HD video
10) Isn't at all optimized for wireless gaming
11) Does not at all eliminate interference with simultaneous dual-band 2.4GHz & 5GHz networks
12) Does not prioritize network traffic (QOS)
You want to get the Belkin N750 DB for $130 along with the N750 DB Wireless Dual-Band USB Adapter for $80. Gives me great range. Been working great for me so far with no problems.
For me this was money well spent to be used with my $100 Motorola Docsis 3.0 cable modem.
I'm getting high speed 25Mbps/4Mbps + speed boost up to 35Mbps from Comcast. It's blazing fast. I get the introductory price of $50 a month for 6 months then It will go up to $80 a month
|reply to Madtown |
I have the N150. The wireless is great. But pages load slow on my wired connection. Sometimes not at all. The transfer speed is fine though. Just something about pages loading on the wired connection. I have to restart the pc a lot. My pc is only 1 month old, and was working fine till I connected the belkin.
|reply to Madtown |
I have 5 devices on it right now, My Xbox 360, My smartphone, my laptop and 2 guests laptops on there too. I live in 3 bedroom apt, so it's not that big of a place and I have CC XF HSI and I subscribe to the Performance plan, so I was wondering if I should keep the Belkin N150 or upgrade?