Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

[TV] FTTH Login info in modem

Hi,

I have FTTH.. but using my own router for the internet access.. yes the TV are connected directly to the sagemcom router..

Do I have to leave the login info (b1xxxxxx) in the sagemcom or I can deleted it.. ?

thanks

Martin
Premium Member
join:2005-05-05
Blainville, QC

Martin

Premium Member

Tu peux le supprimer, les télés en ont pas besoin.

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

Meme les apps comme galaxy? (cest la seule que je prends)

Martin
Premium Member
join:2005-05-05
Blainville, QC

1 edit

Martin to Frank_IT

Premium Member

to Frank_IT
Ça dépends, si tu fais négocier le PPPoE par ton routeur et que tu utilise que ton routeur pour Internet, tu n'as pas besoin du PPPoE dans la passerelle Sagemcom cependant si tu veux utiliser Internet via le WiFi du Sagemcom, là tu as pas le choix de laisser ton b1 dans le Sagemcom.

Si tu utilise les applications tel que Facebook, MétéoMédia etc dans le récepteur Télé Fibe, c'est sûr que tu as besoin de ton b1 dans le Sagemcom sinon tu n'y aura plus accès.

cowbell
@bell.ca

cowbell to Frank_IT

Anon

to Frank_IT
You can delete it

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1 to Frank_IT

MVM

to Frank_IT
Yes you can delete it but it isn't necessary as you can choose "manual" connection and it won't connect until you decide to manually push the "connect". It will be there in case your router breaks down and you are unable to get a replacement in a hurry.
corvette67
join:2007-11-03

corvette67 to Frank_IT

to Frank_IT
Apps like Galaxy, Santa Tracker, Facebook, etc... need an Internet connection... and you guessed it, that username and password probably give the TVs connected to the Sagecomm the ability to reach those services, so if you want to use your Bell TV for that you will need to leave the username and password in the Sagecomm. If you know the username and the password try it out and let us know what happens...
Seb8517 (banned)
join:2010-07-12

Seb8517 (banned) to Frank_IT

to Frank_IT
Pourquoi supprimer les login

Bell permet le Multi login PPPoE