rds24a
Teach Your Children
Premium Member
join:2000-12-13
Newton Upper Falls, MA

rds24a

Premium Member

[MA] Need Reco - Hard Drive Data Recovery

I have a LaCie Networkspace Max NAS drive that has a bricked operating system....the drives are fine but the unit itself won't respond. Evidently it is a linux box of some sort. Anyone have a reco on a decent data recovery service in the Boston area?

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

I think the general rule is you have to ship the drive off somewhere. I mean, are there really that many competent, reputable drive recovery firms out there ? You could get lucky and have one "local", so I don't know...
Expand your moderator at work
LocutusBorg
Premium Member
join:2005-12-25
Revere, MA

LocutusBorg to rds24a

Premium Member

to rds24a

Re: [MA] Need Reco - Hard Drive Data Recovery

i have an App. that always works. if you want to bring it to Revere ill see if it will work for you. PM me if interested and ill send you my phone #

rds24a
Teach Your Children
Premium Member
join:2000-12-13
Newton Upper Falls, MA

rds24a

Premium Member

Thanks for the offer. Had a couple of reliable local places look at it, and it is apparently a non-standard file system built around a linux OS. We hit budget wall on the recovery. We've managed to recover about 80% of the data lost since the last independent backup, which took a lot of time but we got back everthing important. I'm going to shy away from these consumer junk NAS boxes as this point and run a regular file server on a stripped-down Windows machine.