BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768

Re: [video] GeekSquad Got Caught Scamming

Had to laugh at the ide cable, but yes they do not have a good reputation. If somebody must buy a computer from Worst Buy I make sure to tell them to not get a system "optimized" by Geek Squad, as in already opened, and modified before given to them. I would be fine with Best Buy completely going out of business, and the only time I've ever bought anything from them recently was a mouse where nobody else very close had it in stock, even then their retail price was higher than the suggested retail price on the manufacturers website so they had to modify the price to being it down to the actual retail price. That store in total is nothing more than a rip off.

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515

Premium Member

said by BlitzenZeus:

I would be fine with Best Buy completely going out of business...

Same here. I think a few months back there was a post on here about their financial woes. The post referenced an article written by some financial analyst who said that if BB continues the way it is, they will run out of cash within the next 3 years or so. The fact that most of the items in their stores are overpriced is not helping the matter. Most of the stuff that they sell can be purchased online for much much less. I'm lucky enough to have MicroCenter not too far away from me, so if I need some computer hardware ASAP and waiting for NewEgg, Tiger or Amazon is not an option, I can get it there. The prices are on par with the above 3 and the staff is far more helpful then BB.

I guess the fact that Moron Squad got caught scamming is not helping their cause either.

Well, BB CEO has recently "resigned" and was replaced by some other guy. Hopefully whoever is in charge is starting to realize that things need to change, and fast, or else they'll be going the way of the dodo.