All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
No caps »
This is a sub-selection from I got a deal!

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to moldypickle

Re: I got a deal!

Except the ludites who don't like change of course. I know many folks in Fios territory who are afraid to change because comcasts commercials about the lack of on demand, yet they don't use on demand. Go figure!
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
Hmm,

I just looked at last months bill. In there it specifically states that my 25/25 is $45.99 and I am on month-to-month (locked in rate until end of this year)--now this is the triple play.

If you look at the unbundled prices that is now $79 which is a whopping 75pct raise. Even when I originally enquired on enet only it was $54 lat year, so this is a $20/month uplift.

Originally they offered me month-to-month with no difference in price, then they tacked $5 on, then $10 (it became $64), else a 2 year contract.

I have learned that service contracts are a bad idea, so I don't do them. People evaluate them but the aggravation and minor perceived savings is not worth it unless you have SLA's and penalties. Most consumer contracts are violently slanted toward the supplier, not the consumer so this makes them even less valuable.

Just last week I got a flyer from TWC $30 for 15/2 for 1 year, and no cable modem fee if you have one (I still have mine ).

15/2 will stream multiple hi-def and in my area TWC was great and they actually got 15/2.

The point is that Verizon is quickly pricing itself out of the market and with substandard FIOS penetration rates it is like they are asking for FIOS to fail so they can offload it