All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q to Russ6

to Russ6

Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App!

said by Russ6:

What are the differences between On-Screen Guide 2.0 and the X1 Guide?

from what i can tell, on-screen guide 2.0 is for selected SA-Cisco areas and X1 is for selected motorola areas (X1 probably used to be called on screen guide 3.0).

some links to compare:

Guide 2.0 »info.xfinity.com/Portal/ ··· ult.aspx

X1
»x1.comcast.net/webportal/

»blog.comcast.com/2012/05 ··· iew.html
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

1 edit

Russ6

said by The Q:

said by Russ6:

from what i can tell, on-screen guide 2.0 is for selected SA-Cisco areas and X1 is for selected motorola areas (X1 probably used to be called on screen guide 3.0).

some links to compare:

X1

I think the new guides will eventually be available in both Motororola and SA/Cisco areas based on the following comments in Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog:
quote:
. . .

Other SA/Cisco areas that are in states that I have not listed above are not currently targeted for On-Screen Guide 2.0 this year and some of those areas (that I have not listed) may get our On-Screen Guide 3.0 (also called the X1 guide) this year or next year.

The long term plan is to get all of our newest cable boxes (regardless of hardware manufacturer or geography) onto a common guide starting in 2013 to provide a consistent experience.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Russ | April 18, 2012 2:08 PM

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· nt-45967
Russ6

Russ6 to The Q

to The Q
said by The Q:

said by Russ6:

some links to compare:

X1

On-Screen Guide 2.0 is NOT currently scheduled for the Motorola footprint (see »Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog) ). On-Screen Guide 2.0 is a way to introduce significant improvements and new features (including AnyRoom DVR) to the Cisco footprint (see »Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog) ).

Comcast is deploying the X1 guide (also known as On-Screen Guide 3.0) to select customers in Boston using the Pace box.

The newer Motorola DCX series of boxes in some markets are scheduled at some point in 2013 to get the new X1 guide .

Comcast continues to test and trial the new cloud-based X1 guide on the Cisco RNG cable boxes and the plan would be to deliver the X1 experience on the Cisco RNG 200N and the Cisco 150N cable boxes by the end of 2013.