DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

[Sci-Fi] Supernatural

Ok I've been watching it on netflix and I'm into season 6 now.

In the show they mention Dante's inferno for how Purgatory is ment to be looked at.

But from »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatorio their look at Purgatory is wrong, and thats been bothering me.

Its not supposed to be some monster afterlife but instead a place for those not good enough for heaven not bad enough for hell.

Anyone else bothered by this?

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

1 recommendation

GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

...a place for those not good enough for heaven not bad enough for hell.

So, Earth.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I'm not bothered by it.
Considering Demons are "evil" humans and not fallen Angels. The only fallen Angel is Lucifer. The rest are just humans whose evil made them into demons after they died.

From what I recall from the bible, the Angels and Demons are the same thing. Demons are just the name applied to the fallen ones.

As for purgatory, I can't really make a solid call on it. As it's a developing story line. Can't say more then that as it will spoil parts of season 7.

I can't wait for season 7 to hit netflix.
netsurfer1
join:2012-04-13
Atlanta, GA

netsurfer1 to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
I am still watching the show, but with dwindling interest. The show has jumped the shark, destroying any suspension of disbelief long ago. I just hope they will find a suitable ending instead of just being yanked off the air when the time comes. However it is currently the only show I watch on the CW website when I am bored.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

to GlennLouEarl
said by GlennLouEarl:

said by DarkLogix:

So, Earth.

Earth is for the living.

another name for Purgatory is limbo.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
My problem isn't that they redefined the place but that they mentioned dante (clearly meaning dante's inferno) but then claim a story thats not dante's.

If instead they had just made up a lore source I'd be better about it but instead they basicly made the claim that Purgatory was the Purgatory from dante's inferno.

BTW season 7 is on hulu I actually started with the ep with Felicia Day, then watched from there to the end and became interested so started watching ep1 on netflix (two weeks later I'm halfway into season 6)
DarkLogix

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

said by GlennLouEarl:

said by DarkLogix:

So, Earth.

Earth is for the living.

To clarify, it'd be the place that good people that just didn't have faith would go.

I'd be eternaly in mediocrity, they may have been good but were unable to have any faith in GOD so they couldn't be let into heaven. Or had faith but were just bad enough to not enter heaven.

Personally I like the take the show has on it but they cite a very famous book yet their version is nothing like the version of the book.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
Richmond, VA

1 recommendation

GlennLouEarl to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

said by GlennLouEarl:

said by DarkLogix:

So, Earth.

Earth is for the living.

To clarify, Earth (or "the world") is for the living, and for the dead. Earth is all there is--good, bad, or indifferent... faithful or faithless matters not at all. Heaven and Hell are creations of man, not God (or Gods). Here we are, and here we stay.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

This is about a TV show not your belifes or lack there of.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
You're looking too much into it. It's not that serious. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

IMO if you referance part of a book in your show it should be accurate to that referance.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

So as many times as they've referenced The Bible and things aren't EXACTLY the same, that you're fine with, but a Dante reference gets you all wound up? Wth? Smh...

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
First and most importantly, I REALLY love and enjoy Supernatural....

As far as purgatory:
The new catechism of Roman Catholic doctrine that did away with Limbo was approved by Pope Benedict XVI in the middle of December 2005.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

So as many times as they've referenced The Bible and things aren't EXACTLY the same, that you're fine with, but a Dante reference gets you all wound up? Wth? Smh...

Well honestly with the bible theres so many translations mis-translations and missing books (you know due to that fire that burned the library where they were consolidating it) that its fully possible in some odd translation something could be there.

As to lotus, sorry I don't care about the pope, all men are equal and god doesn't let someone that gets appointed be better than everyone else. So the pope means nothing to me.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
Richmond, VA

GlennLouEarl to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
Since you apparently missed the intended humor in my first post, clarification--following your lead--seemed recommended.