share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to I AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

Guild name for DSLR Guild? Any ideas? Also you get a 4 Letter tag for your guild.

Grethor
Today Is A Good Day To Format

join:2004-04-14
Tacoma, WA

1 edit
reply to I AM
Watched the french character creation vids or Slyvari and Asura. Holy shit! Very cool armor for both. Except the Asura Mesmer. Very dull.

I actually had no desire to roll a Sylvari but I think I have to now. Asura will still be main though.

Slyvari

»youtu.be/LrTeHoyksuM
(PRIVATE now but will probably go public today)

Asura

»youtu.be/7NX-BjWIaUY

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to bionicRod
Oh nice. Might have to check it out though I do like the Humans.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to I AM
Just saw on facebook that it's confirmed:

said by Guild Wars 2: Yes, asura and sylvari will be playable in the next Betw Weekend Event! Keep an eye on »www.arena.net/blog for all the details later this morning. - RB2

Grethor

Tacoma, WA
reply to I AM
Titan Alliance (currently 8 impressive guilds) will be on Jaya Bluffs. If you want to be on a powerhouse WvW server, that's the one.

Beef7

join:2012-05-16
kudos:1
reply to I AM
must be high population! (without high population, open world random events would be boring without others around)

must be pvp!

MaxPowers

join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT
reply to I AM
I bet you a lot of the big pvp guilds will join a handful of servers and destroy other servers in WvWvW. I wonder what arenanet will do to ensure it's not always a roflstomp.

Also, is it true they lock servers when they're full? Seems to be some concern that if your guild pre-orders for head start and you login at launch and can't create characters on your guilds server...

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to MaxPowers
I agree. I know not everyone is into PvP but it would be important to be on a good pvp server.

MaxPowers

join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT
reply to I AM
As long as we kill in WvWvW don't care which server we pick.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to bionicRod
For Server Choices I have seen:

Crystal Desert
Jaya Bluffs
Sorrow's Furnace

Someone make a poll?!

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to mazhurg
I'd roll a sylvari. In betas I play just about everything but the race/class I want to play at launch. I know that sounds stupid but I hate doing the same starting quests twice.

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
reply to Grethor
Would not matter. Whether they did wipe or not, I can almost bet on all the "testers" rolling one of those two if they are available.

Grethor

Tacoma, WA

1 edit
reply to Grethor
I do wonder if they will open up the other two races for the final beta weekend. Cabbage Heads and Asura. Peoples opinions seems to be split on this for next beta.

If they DO decide to open up all races, they should wipe all characters to simulate launch day.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Grethor
said by Grethor:

I played C9 a bit over the weekend.

I still enjoy watching videos of people playing GW2 more than I enjoy playing C9.

That's pretty funny.

Grethor

Tacoma, WA
reply to Beef7
I played C9 a bit over the weekend.

I still enjoy watching videos of people playing GW2 more than I enjoy playing C9.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
reply to Savious Zero
How you feel about Diablo, that's where I'm at with GW2. I've waited for this game for a loooong time, and I'm pretty amp'd it's finally here. So many times I heard little nuggets of info here and there about it being developed, then finally went into development (which has been a long ass time), but never a real release date. Several false ones floated out, or expected ETA's that were years off.

It's just finally here...I'm totally excited and really can't wait to hit the servers on 8/25.

I'm tempted to schedule days off, but I know better...I know how launches go, and even the smoothest have hiccups that can sting if you're sitting around waiting....so, I'll hold off until its stable and then take a few days..hehheh.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

August 28th, 2012 release date. Game is pretty fun from what I have played in Beta.

I'm just shooting it up in BF3 as I wait for GW2 now.

I was going to play some BF3 the other day, but I didnt feel like buying the Premium Pack. I might do it once I get my new PC. My laptop runs the game just fine at nearly maxed out settings, but I want to enjoy BF3 on 22" of man monitor.
--
Jobbie told me to change my sig.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Savious Zero
August 28th, 2012 release date. Game is pretty fun from what I have played in Beta.

I'm just shooting it up in BF3 as I wait for GW2 now.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to bionicRod
I wanted to talk about it though!!!!!

Seems cool, I never played the first one but I am down for checking this one out.
--

Beef7

join:2012-05-16
reply to I AM
Played C9 open beta this weekend.

It is "OK"... needs some polish in areas

Is it worth dedicating hours upon hours on? probably not

Is is better than Vindictus and Dragon Nest? Probably... it is highly instanced just like them... and action combat as well

I'll probably ultimately pass on C9 and just wait for GW2

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to pr1mo
said by pr1mo:

Do I get BWE access with a pre-ORDER or only a pre-PURCHASE!?

Prepurchase only. That'll get you access to the last BWE and a 3 day headstart. Preorder will get you a one day head start and no BWE access.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to I AM
Do I get BWE access with a pre-ORDER or only a pre-PURCHASE!?

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to bionicRod
I see what you did there.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Savious Zero
said by Savious Zero:

When does this sum bitch come out?

»lmgtfy.com/?q=guild+wars+2+release+date

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to I AM
When does this sum bitch come out?
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to dMarks
I played on Sorrow's Furnace. I was so lost in WvWvW but we were winning. I'm down for anything.

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
Reviews:
·MTS
reply to Grethor
said by Grethor:

You can try the Continent of the 9th Seal open beta that just started. Not as fun or polished as GW2 of course but it may do the trick. DO NOT listen to the in game music. It is HORRIBLE.

»us.c9.webzen.com/Main/

Man oh man... one has to offer his first born before even being allowed anywhere near this C9 game, and then, once the resident watchdog is installed, insist you use it's "safari" based browser which keeps you running in circles without ever getting a chance to "start" the game.

Too many hoops to jump to get from here to there. I'll keep to the old school and wait patiently.

Grethor

Tacoma, WA

1 edit
reply to dMarks
Jaya Bluffs has a large WvW alliance going on that is quite successful. Jaya Bluffed roflstomped ever server tossed at it. I think it was 5 allied guilds spread accross AUS, US and EURO so that when one was sleeping the others kept watch in the WvW.

I just found a video for this Alliance that played on Jaya Bluffs during BWE2. The guilds in this alliance are impressive.

»youtu.be/DnL6irpvwDc

dMarks
Melting Faces For Fun
Premium
join:2007-02-09
Jackson, MI
reply to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

So, since no one has offered an alternative, Crystal Desert (as suggested by Rod) looks to be the DSLR server of choice.

I'll offer a couple. Sorrow's Furnace (never lost at WvWvW that I know of) and Darkhaven (also strong in WvWvW but lost to Sorrows Furnace (/flex)). Both servers I know will be very quick out of the gate, both will be full. Lots of strong guilds there.

Any other suggestions?
--
Windows 7 64 Professional|AMD FX 8150|Asus Crosshair Formula V Motherboard|8GB G.Skill Sniper Series 1866 DDR3 RAM|EVGA GTX560 Ti (Fermi) DS SuperClocked x2|Corsair CMPSU 850HX 850w Modular|Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Case

Grethor

Tacoma, WA
reply to mazhurg
You can try the Continent of the 9th Seal open beta that just started. Not as fun or polished as GW2 of course but it may do the trick. DO NOT listen to the in game music. It is HORRIBLE.

»us.c9.webzen.com/Main/