share rss forum feed

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Jobbie

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

Digital. Deluxe items seem to be a 1 time use reward. I am not a fan of that.

Now personally I do like a world feeling big and part of that is you have to travel to have a sense or the vastness of a world. GW2 does a godo job of teleportations but it wouldn't hurt to have mounts. But that could be part of the planning it takes for in WvWvW. As we know from PvP in MMO's timing and movement speed/communication is at times the key to victory. Maybe it is not the game but our pre-conceived ideas that we bring in to a game?

Beef7

join:2012-05-16
kudos:1

no mounts reminds me of the lotr movie trilogy

guys with sword and board running over hills and shit with no mounts for about 9 hours

and at the end...a flying gryphon takes them home in 5 minutes

WTF

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

said by Beef7:

no mounts reminds me of the lotr movie trilogy

guys with sword and board running over hills and shit with no mounts for about 9 hours

and at the end...a flying gryphon takes them home in 5 minutes

WTF

You're hilarious man. I have yet to even log into D3 in a week. This past weekend I was pretty busy too and for this so called "beta" I did not want to invest too much time into it. I was just happy to get in to see how the game was like.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to I AM

I really don't have a problem with the lack of mounts in GW2 so far. Seriously, the fast travel waypoints are what, a 3 or4 minute walk apart at most? And once you've found them all you never even have to take that walk again. I'll take that over mounts any day.Plus you rez at them when you die.

I didn't play WvWvW this beta but do remember some longer running times there to get to the action as the waypoints are farther apart and if they're contested you can't use them. I don't think they need to add mounts just for that though.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
reply to Beef7

said by Beef7:

Regarding mounts, it has already been announced that GW2 will NEVER have flying mounts.

I support this emphatically. I don't even want mounts of any sort....maybe just a sprint, or, I've always wanted this in a game...make it so that if I'm actually using / walking on the road, give me a speed buff...would make them actually worth something, and give a little more immersion rather than just making a line from A to B.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Beef7

I'm all for NO flying mounts, per the LOTR reasoning

but no land mounts... im not sure

in Archage, when you dismount, your mount follows you... wierd

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Now thinking about it yeah I can see that we shouldn't have them. It's part of the strategy of things.

Beef7

2 edits

what i've read on the topic says that teleports, and the fact that events happen around you makes mounts unnecessary

that the quests come to you, so no mounts

the analogy is... does WoW allow mounts in raids/dungeons?

I guess this makes sense, because at least in the starting zone.. I don't remember much open space with nothing going on

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

Yeah, I think the point is they've covered most of the landscape with some type of quest that can occur in that area, and with a mount, the inclination is just to speed on through, possibly getting notified of the event...walking through makes sure you're exposed for longer lengths of time to the possibility of it occurring.

Beef7

reply to I AM

I know that your toon scales to the area you are in...

And that your experience is the same for doing them no matter what your level...

but the event rewards... the items or loot you get from them... does that scale too? or when I kill that giant boar in the starting area event... will he still drop lvl 9 stuff when im level 45?

so i can level with my lower level buddies... i just wont get loot my level for it?

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

reply to I AM

Random Screen Shots

Entrance of the city (forgot the name)

View of the city from afar

Another Shot

You can emote such as sit

Thief at night

Shootin' the gun

What I always wanted!! Dual Wield Pistols!!!

Random Shot

Crazy Lookin' thing.

Random WvWvW shot of quests done

Charging in!!!!

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to I AM

Gawd, this game looks beautiful and sounds awesome. I'll probably wait until it comes out, but it's looking more and more like I'll snag this one.
--
Slydermv--In short.. hookers save lives.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to I AM

Love the last one. WvWvW is so much fun. For anyone that doesn't know those are I AM's teammates on the ground, and the enemy team (along with some NPCs) defending their structure. Pure awesome.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

All joking aside, I'll probably end up picking this up at release. Since it's F2P after the initial cost, there's significantly less risk than other MMOs.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
reply to I AM

i'm curious how the playstyle is w/o the "holy trinity".

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

said by Blockfire:

Everybody gets a self heal and everybody can rez in combat. The key is really to not get hit by mobs so the party needs to kite/dodge/jump around the boss.

Like I AM said if you go toe to toe with a mob or two your level you may end up dead so there is no "tanking" per se.
--
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Blockfire

said by Blockfire:

It's pretty fun. You can still group up of course but every class has a self heal, and you can dodge attacks, so you're primarily tasked with keeping yourself alive while doing damage. Everyone can rez, and certain classes do have heals / buffs that effect everyone in the area.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to bionicRod

I kept dying not avoiding the red circle. I was like OH they are shooting arrows at me and flinging stuff at us I should probably avoid this stuff. Fighting people as they ran out at us from the gate, avoiding stuff, fun stuff man.

I say with no sub you have nothing to lose. The game is good in beta form but still needs some tweaks. This game along with D3 having no subs PC gamers have a bright year going forward.

Beef7

reply to I AM

Don't stand in the fire, don't stand in the fire, get out of the fire!

Posted all of my feedback/bugs in the GW2 Beta forums last night.

Usually doing so in any other game gets you flamed pretty much instantly. Oddly enough, all of my feedback/bugs were greeted with agreement and acceptance... very odd! The community seems to be a lot better than lets say LoL

If anyone has feedback they would like me to post to the beta forum tonight, post it here and I'll take care of it.

I didn't mention mounts or teleports or zone portals, because I think that's pretty much by design and I don't think they would change it at this point. But I could add it

Great pics I AM

bionicRod
Premium
united state

said by Beef7:

Posted all of my feedback/bugs in the GW2 Beta forums last night.

Usually doing so in any other game gets you flamed pretty much instantly. Oddly enough, all of my feedback/bugs were greeted with agreement and acceptance... very odd! The community seems to be a lot better than lets say LoL

I thought the same about chat on the starter map. Much better than other mmo betas I've been a part of. I don't know if it's the fact that you had to pre-purchase to get beta access or what, but most of the chat was interesting and people were actually being helpful and nice to each other.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I agree. Though I played off hours at points where not many were on. I should have taken a screen shot I think I saw a dev or GM. They had an Arena Net symbol next to their name. Must have been like 30 of us gathered there for an event that was taking place.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Beef7

said by Beef7:

Don't stand in the fire, don't stand in the fire, get out of the fire!

I'll stand in fire if I want too! I'm a Paladin! Or that's what I use to say back in WOTLK.

Beef7

I AM: "uhhh... ummm... how did I die?"

Beef: "you stood in the fire..."

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to I AM

DON'T STAND IN SHIT!

(Nice pics I AM)

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I'll stand where I WANT!

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC

Then we die.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I forgot..No heals in GW2.

Beef7

reply to Koil

the last star fighter!

i think they doin a remake

bionicRod
Premium
united state

said by Beef7:

the last star fighter!

i think they doin a remake

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Kodan Armada is dead, dead I tell you!

Beef7

my bad a sequel!