Search similar:

uniqs

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to puppy

to puppy

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

said by puppy:

How much is a whole yellow set? and when you say MF set, you mean you just rune the slots with MF runes?

I should get off my butt and post a pic of her. She is wearing 1/2 masquerade (bottom half, damn thing is expensive, 40s each at level 35. I've been transmuting it and only upgrading her armor every 10 levels) and half soldier top, so sexy. My wife doesn't even mind (too much) how busty she is, haha, and helps me to decide which armor pieces look better and to give coloring advice

Edit: I may have to level another toon (engineer, elementalist or necro) to do farming. As much as I love this mesmer now, from what I read they don't burst enough for good loot tagging in Orr. Being in melee kind of suck as my warrior found out, Risen drops too much condition on you. My clones have been very helpful in avoiding all that

that's right, loot tagging and XP tagging are 2 different things.

On my warrior I use axes for loot tagging when in a zerg, and GS for veteran/champions

I have no survivability issues in Orr however on my warr.

Thank you for the Mystic forge recipe, that is huge.

GUYS, I NEED TO GET IN MORE FRACTALS/DUNGEONS TO FINISH OFF MY MONTHLIES. will be looking to group up this week a lot! hope you come!
TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
got my cooking to 400 this past week as well, and while I'm happy about it, the profit margin for the level 400 items are slim, to none.

some great recipes have come and gone from halloween, hopefully new content will add more

some of the omnom berry recipes are great. been crafting and using the recipe that gives:

+40MF when under affect of boon
+20% boon duration
+10xp on kills

now running with 24 stacks of might up at most times, 50s swiftness, and 40s+ fury

Deo85
join:2012-10-19

Deo85 to I AM

to I AM
So after doing AC story a few times I am starting to really love dungeons Granted when the trash packs can rip a hole through you it definitely makes the game a lot more interesting instead of zombie mode dungeons like Wow I rly hope they don't dumb down the dungeons ever!

TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
I don't know if anyone else did the math on the game's "Black Friday" deals, but, if you weren't willing to spend cash, they basically came out to be a wash.

Over the past several weeks Gems for Gold prices have gone up roughly 40% via demand.

Some Black Lion gem only items were 40% cheaper gem wise.

worked out to be a wash, unless you were willing to spend real cash

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
I only bought ~10 Karma Boosters (~330 gems total). Didn't need any of the other things. I would've spent gold, however, if Black Lion Keys were on sale, hehe. Then I'm sure the exchange rate would've skyrocketed.

side note: I realized JUST yesterday that going to different main cities (Rata Sum, Divinity's Reach, Black Citadel, etc) allows you to purchase seperate cultural weapon skins. I was always under the impression that the ones from Black Citadel (my Race city) were the only ones available to me - duuuuuuh!
Shatter13
join:2006-07-24
Waterford, MI

Shatter13 to I AM

to I AM
Black lion keys were on sale the first or second day, cant remember which.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by Shatter13:

Black lion keys were on sale the first or second day, cant remember which.

Yeah, it was the first day....45% a set of 5, I think it was.
Koil

1 edit

Koil to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
From the GW2 twitter:

»twitter.com/GuildWars2

Now available on the Black Lion Trading Company, Style Hair and Total Makeover Kits, enjoy ^AT

Full Makeover is 350 Gems, Style Hair is 250 Gems ^AT

Cool!!

There are 2 kits available....one lets you change your facial appearance (hair, horns, face, etc) and the complete make over kit allows you to change everything except your race and class (height, gender, skin, hair, etc)

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

Meh... Waste of good gems. Buy Ecto and send it to me instead!

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by facepalm:

Have you seen bRod's face...this is border line public service.

We can't all be as beautiful as you, face!

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

lol

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to I AM

to I AM
Last night my mesmer hit 79.5 level, so close! I finished the Temple of Lost God personal quest. I thought it bugged when I put on the second orb but no new door opened, turns out you have to just swim out and find the other orb places :P

I read that the last mission of the personal story is a dungeon run, ugh. Do I need to get a guild group for this or any pug can finish it?

I think when I hit 80 I'll buy a set of yellow armor and an exotic cultural weapon with karma. Not sure what else after that, maybe more map completions and raise another toon to 80. Not sure how effective my mesmer will be in Orr farming, but I can try.

MaxPowers
join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT

MaxPowers to I AM

to I AM
buy a cheap set of green magic find. the % of MF is the same as yellow, just higher secondary stats.

Abyl
@xo.net

Abyl to puppy

Anon

to puppy
Finally hit 80 on my first toon this past weekend, my mesmer. I keep reading about farming in Orr and hate to ask, but what's that?

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

From what I read (I don't have an 80 yet) there's multiple events in Orr where a ton of mobs just come in waves, so everyone just zerg them to death, resulting in lots of loot.

For you and me, our mesmers will have trouble doing enough damage in the 3-4 seconds mobs are alive (because of all the AOE these zerg parties output) so we probably won't get as much loot as others. As previous posts shown, in a dynamic event you have to hit the mobs and do enough damage to get credit for the kill. I'm not sure how loot distribution works, but seems like you need to do more damage than a kill credit to get loot.

I've read some posts where people have done better using a shatter focused build, but still. I was in a level 60ish dynamic event where centaurs are raiding this camp, and I can barely get a clone/phantasm off before they die. Sometimes I can't even see the mobs if I'm a bit farther away. I mainly just used my chaos storm to try to tag mobs :P

Edit: I think the Orr events are near pentinent path? Again, someone else who actually been there can give details.
puppy

puppy to I AM

to I AM
Last night I finished Mount Malestorm because I read that it gives 2 gold items. Holy cow that's a huge zone, 32 POIs. I eventually did and got 2 items, both of which I sold for a total of 2.5g, which is a lot of money for me!

BTW I've always used lower level zones (like all the starting zones) to make leveling easier, but it seems like you level faster if you level in zones near your actual level. Not 100% sure on this, since once I got like 4 levels off a lowbie zone as well.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

said by puppy:

Last night I finished Mount Malestorm because I read that it gives 2 gold items. Holy cow that's a huge zone, 32 POIs.

I'm currently in that zone with my Engineer working my way toward Orr. It is huge, but the scenery is impressive. There are Champions everywhere and 2 extremely cool puzzles. One takes you to a hidden zone. I have a couple of screen shots of both in the other thread.

TheThing

2 edits

TheThing to Abyl

to Abyl
Orr is a southern peninsula in the game.

Comprised of 3 zones, (I forget the names) 70-75, 75-80, and 80. If you look in earlier posts It gives the names, and locations with the maps.

It is pretty much end game open world of GW2.

Other end game open world zones include:

#1 - Southsun Cove, level 80, auto-levels everyone to 80 (mobs are most difficult in the game)
#2 - Northern snow Zone, forget the name, 75-80

Orr in my opinion is the best place in the game to farm events, ore, herbs and trees

the level 80 orr zone (Cursed Shore) has at least 3-4 major events that end with chests

Cursed Shore, also has:
-> 3 events that end with Karma vendors that sell exotic gear. 3 different sets.
-> Karma vendors for Orichalcum Harvester and Orichalcum Axe

The only Karma vendor in the game that sells orichalcum mining picks is located in Southsun Cove.

in the end you can buy all max level gather tools for karma

Abyl
@xo.net

Abyl to puppy

Anon

to puppy
I'll have to go find Mount Malestorm then! I did a lot of the lower zones to help level up to mid 60s when I read here that staying in a zone appropriate to your level was more efficient. I did that and wasd amazed how much faster I leveled.

I will have to level another alt then if mesmers are too slow. I have always had a problem with too many alts anyway so I don't mind leveling another!

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

said by facepalm:

Have you seen bRod's face...this is border line public service.

We can't all be as beautiful as you, face!

Hey hey HEY

My Asura is a monacled Apollo by anyone's estimation! He scoffs at the idea of a makeover!

TheThing

1 recommendation

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
ORR is also the zone where KOIL stalks me.

Last night I log on, at a random time (mind you I had not played for 2 days)

I logged in, to a remote Waypoint in Orr, and guess who was waiting there for me? KOIL

ok coincidence...

I say "sup man", see you around going to LA

15 minutes later, I'm back in Orr, running through a random remote area... and guess who I bump into again, KOIL!

KOIL worships me like Bieber I guess
TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
Puppy got me motivated to research/do some Mystic Forge recipes last night.

If you have the mats (like mystic forge stones) they are great, if you don't they are mad expensive.

Did a few recipes, to try to make a profit on the TP. NO DICE.

profit margin again is slim to none... the TP is priced to prevent mystic forge profits

Gem prices for Gold are very high right now. Once they drop, I will definitely buy them... if they ever do... maybe the new prices are premanent due to inflation.

Likewise ectoplasm used to sell for 14s, now its selling for 23s easy... prolly inflation?

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

25s per echo...

I guess a vision of the mist is gonna run at least 100g then... poop...

Maybe if my lotto ticket at home hits, I can spend stupid money on gem store...

TheThing

TheThing

i will never spend cash myself, but I will buy gems for gold

I already hinted to the wife that I wanted GW2 book/gem card for Xmas

Saw GW2 in Walmart this weekend, was very happy to see a store presence! The White with GW2 dragon logo is awesome

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

I'm struggling with the economy in this game, simply because I will not take the time to play the TP properly. That said, I have no problem throwing them some cash. Keep the events and cool shit coming and I'll gladly pay the equivalent of a monthly fee or so.

TheThing

TheThing

It's really all about what you want to put your time into, and what you have fun at:

Open World gathering/events - go for it

Mystic Forge playing around - go for it

Playing the TP - go for it

Crafting - go for it

Dungeons - go for it

I was playing the TP for a bit, you have to invest about 10g+, with bids, to get items low, then sell them high, or salvage them for ectos

sometimes I would rather just play the game and have fun, than play the TP.... also, the other night I spent about 2+ hours just having fun with chef discovery etc...

there was a halloween recipe item that was WAY undervalued for the first 2 weeks, to me it didn't make sense, I don't think people were reading the recipe text correctly and comprehending it... SO I BOUGHT 500 literally, they have quadrupled in price in the meantime, not even taking into account inflation. they are still too good to seel back for the profit, rather keep them

the other TP game is buy low during the week, and sell high friday/saturday night

Deo85
join:2012-10-19

Deo85 to I AM

to I AM
It seems the more I read the main forms of GW2 people are rly up in arms on the gear tread mill that Anet is putting up. There is a whisper that Anet is going to sell out to another large company like Activision and EA just cant remember there name right now. Either way I am not to excited about the idea of another gear grind game and if it turns out that way I wont be doing much at end game any more and will just lvl another character after I max my necro.

TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
hope that's not true...

2 of the 3 founding members of arenanet left, 1 to work on console zombie games, the other as COO of En Masse for TERA

wtf!

TERA and GW2 are like step brothers... lol
TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
as long as Mike O'Brien doesn't leave Arenanet, I think we are good

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to TheThing

to TheThing
Money talks.