Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

said by Ghastlyone:

There are portals right in Fort Trinity that open up after you get past a certain point in your personal story line.

One portal leads to the Priory, one portal takes you to the Order of Whispers in Bloodtide Coast, and the 3rd takes you to another faction headquarters that I cannot remember right now.

The only downside that I've seen with these, once you step through the portal in Fort Trinity, there's no going back. I have not found a way to port back to FT from the other side yet.

The other faction is the Vigil, and the reason you can't get back is that you're only allowed to use the portal of the faction you're associated with, and only then when you reach high enough level or rank. You can walk through the portal, and if want to return right then, you can...just go back through the portal you came through, but if you exit the portal area, then you cannot get back in, as you're not associated with that faction. You CAN get back with your own, however, and it will take you back to Trinity.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
said by puppy:

So... my mesmer hit 80 last night! Zomg puppy the altoholic stuck to one toon enough to max it!

I thought that after 80 you continue to earn exp, and once you get a level you get another skill point, but my experience bar stays full yellow all of last night. Is there a setting or something I need to tune to show progression?

No setting is necessary. The bar stays yellow but experience is constantly being tallied. Every time you gather the max (~254,000), the level-up animation triggers and you gain a skill point.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

My yellow bar still fills as it did pre 80

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by TheThing:

My yellow bar still fills as it did pre 80

Mine too, I can always tell how far I have to go before I ding.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to I AM

to I AM
I think just after 80 it went blank then it filled to max and stayed max. I'll keep playing and keep an eye on it, maybe I am just 1 pixel away from level "81" :P

Jaided
join:2009-11-13
Mount Laurel, NJ

Jaided to puppy

to puppy
Thanks for this post. After reading it I went back and finished Mt. Maelstorm. Last night I got 2 exotics with a total vendor value of about 3g, but I put them up in the TP for a total of 4.5g. I also got some coin, and a stack of 40 linen.

I forgot how cool that zone was. The only skill point I needed help with was the one in the CoE dungeon area. That boss is a hard hitter with alot of health.

Just a tip for those who haven't been in that area, there is an event chain that consists of 5 events. I hooked up with a couple PUGS and we knocked out the events and did the skill point at the same time. The Boss that contests the CoE waypoint was bugged and we couldn't kill him, or that would have been another decent reward.

Good stuff guys!

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

said by Jaided:

Thanks for this post. After reading it I went back and finished Mt. Maelstorm. Last night I got 2 exotics with a total vendor value of about 3g, but I put them up in the TP for a total of 4.5g. I also got some coin, and a stack of 40 linen.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I sold the 2 exotics I received for 4g and a few silver. I bought some ecto and with it and crafted my last 2 pieces of exotic jewelry for my engineer. Well worth the trouble in my opinion. Great zone. I'm glad I reached 80 before I got to these 70+ zones. It looks like I may be able to make a little coin for map completions. My other toons will definitely be following up as well.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy to I AM

to I AM
I can confirm that my experience bar definite fills up, go up a "level", then it empties again. I'm gaining exp fast at 80, I think I got a couple of levels last night finishing up the Frostgorge Sound. I even stumbled onto the Claw of Jormag fight, but only got a couple of lousy greens that I vendored.

When I finished the zone I got 2 78ish exotics, salvage/sold the rune off one, sold the other, got about 6.5g total

When I got my first octrulum (sp) ore, I was like omg yippee! Then I calculated that I need about 1500 of them to make just the blades for vision of the mist... :P

TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
100% completion of Cursed Shore and Malchor's Leap now done...

few... malchor's leap was a b1tch! 37 pois!

Now onto Frostgorge Sound and Straights of devesattion for 100%

FYI: I think tonight is the best night of the week for selling MATS on the TP, prices usually spike friday night... but maybe not... if inflation is pushing things upward daily anyways

that being said, perhaps the best strategy is holding onto mats for as long as possible, and only selling them, when you need the gold

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
Yeah I'm pretty much up piling up my collectibles tab. I do sell globs of ectoplasm though as the current price is waaaay up (~37s last night). Wish I could've known to buy them out @ 13s when they were cheap.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Damn 37 silver each? I got like 10 of those things sitting in my bank. Maybe I'll dump them tonight.

I got so much shit sitting in my storage. I might as well start selling it all.

Abyl
@xo.net

Abyl to puppy

Anon

to puppy
After reading I went back and finished Mt. Maelstrom last night too. I had done parts of this pre-80 including the big boss fight. Did the boss again, and was going to head out when I saw everyone running to the other side, so I followed.

There was a huge chest of goodies that I missed the first time I did the event... Sooo sad... Didn't get anything useful, but still it would have been nice to pick up the items last time too

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
»www.guildwars2.com/en/th ··· er-2012/

Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx

December 14 to January 3
The nights may be long and dark, but Tyrians of all races keep joy alive during the ancient holiday of Wintersday. While each race celebrates Wintersday in their own unique way, children all over Tyria share a common love of one thing: toys.

This year the city of Lion’s Arch will host the asuran Toymaker Tixx as their special Wintersday guest of honor. Before Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch in his massive airship toy workshop, he’ll visit every major city in Tyria to deliver Wintersday toys and holiday cheer.

TheThing

TheThing

wait... what... a non-violent Xmas? lol

hopefully this "Tixx" will sell some nice new Chef recipes that don't involve omnom berries!

doesn't look like I'll get my monthlies done this month. need like 3 dungeon runs, and 4 fractal runs, not gonna happen tonight!
TheThing

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
riddle me this... riddle me that...

can someone explain WHY Superior Sigil of Karka slaying is selling for 5g+ on the TP?

it gives +10% damage vs. karka...

karka farming for karka shells? what am I missing out on?

EDIT: may have just discovered it behind websense...

powerful blood, and karka shells

karka shells = 5s+

powerful blood is like what? 25s+ now?

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by TheThing:

riddle me this... riddle me that...

can someone explain WHY Superior Sigil of Karka slaying is selling for 5g+ on the TP?

it gives +10% damage vs. karka...

karka farming for karka shells? what am I missing out on?

EDIT: may have just discovered it behind websense...

powerful blood, and karka shells

karka shells = 5s+

powerful blood is like what? 25s+ now?

So people are farming that new zone for the money? Cool. The last time I was on that map they didn't have a completion percentage bar on it yet, is that up? Being a level 80 zone I assume you get teh lewts upon completion?

TheThing

TheThing

Rich Ori nodes, still havent seen one yet even though I have been thru the entire map

and i may be wrong... powerful blood i think, if i remember from last night, might be like 50s+

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
You can make some coin farming the new zone. Rick Ori veins, Karka shells, Powerful Bloods, Passion Fruits, etc.

TheThing

TheThing

sounds like I'm going to have to put KOIL to work tonight...

yup... good ol' farm boy

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

lol...not sure if I'm going to be on tonight....was out waaaaay too late drinking last night and have shit we have to do tomorrow before UGA vs Alabama game.

I might be able to drop in, but don't count on me for anything....sorry y0'z

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Koil:

lol...not sure if I'm going to be on tonight....was out waaaaay too late drinking last night and have shit we have to do tomorrow before UGA vs Alabama game.

I might be able to drop in, but don't count on me for anything....sorry y0'z

Good lord you suck!

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

This from the guy who left like my father did when he said he was going to go get some cigarettes and milk but never came back...That was the day I learned that milk and cigarettes can kill you.

The End.

Jk..hope you're feeling better

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I am feeling better, thanks! And I never said I was sorry for that, son. Tell your mother I miss her.

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to I AM

to I AM
Good morning. TP prices are steadily moving up on crucial mats, which I view as a sign of a healthy economy. I'm not complaining at all. That said, I'm looking to farm some ancient bones. I believe they are a 400 level mat, which tells me I should be deep in Orr or way up in the frozen northeast. Does anyone have any recommendations where I can farm some events to help with the process?

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy to I AM

to I AM
So... my mesmer has hit 80 and right now I'm just clearing some more zones for free exotics. Not the most efficient way to get $ but I don't really feel like zerg farming with her (things die before I can get a clone/phantasm off).

Straits of desolation was such a pain to complete. The mobs have HUGE aggro radiuses and spawns very quickly. I'm doing the lower zones now for relaxation.

I'm feeling a little lost on what to do next though. Besides farming and map completion (100% map completion might be a goal but honestly sounds boring, running around cities to tag POIs, and the gift of exploration will be useless to me since I can't put in the time to farm a legendary). I don't like PvP either.

Right now I'm contemplating leveling another toon to 80 for zerg farming, so I can get the vision of the mists. I already have a warrior at 63 but everytime I fight the risen I get sacked with a ton of conditions, so I am comtemplating either a guardian or elementalist. You guys have experience on either of those two?

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by puppy:

I already have a warrior at 63 but everytime I fight the risen I get sacked with a ton of conditions, so I am comtemplating either a guardian or elementalist. You guys have experience on either of those two?

I have a guardian at 38 now after going up 7 levels yesterday. Had a blast. If you're looking for zerg farming in Orr the guardian is not a bad way to go, they make great tanks / healers and have many "remove condition" skills you can grab. I've seen Youtube videos of guardians successfully taking on level 80 champions in Orr single handedly...they're very hard to kill with the right build.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
Blizzard sent me 10 free days of game time to try and lure me back into subscribing. So I took up the offer over the weekend and logged in for a few hours.

After spending an hour figuring out what to do after Blizzard butchering my Warlock completely, I set out to do some quests.

I get to the new Panda starting area for level 85's and start looking around, and not a single other fucking soul in sight. Absolutely no one. I was amazed. 2 months into a brand new expansion and the new starting zone is completely deserted?

It was also driving me nuts not being able to cast and move at the same time. I don't think I can ever stand in one spot and cast ever again after playing GW2. I also kept looking for my dodge button, but sadly it was nowhere to be found. The combat felt....cold, and static.

So I logged back into GW2 and created a new Human Mesmer (Mesmers are fuckin badass by the way). I get zoned into Queensdale and low and behold? There are people running all over the place questing lol.

I am going to play WoW some more and use up my free 10 days (or as much as I can stand it) to get a better feel of the new content. But sadly, that game just isn't the same to me anymore. I despise what they did to my Warlock. It's like playing a different class all together. Plus the game just looks dated as hell.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Yar I thought about getting back to my "space goat" game (what I call WoW to my wife since she saw me play a space goat once), but for some reason I lost interest as well. I have a little temptation to play my shaman just to see the procced lava bursts, permanent elemental pet, and going all Avatar-ish, but thought of leveling and maxing rep just lost my interest. Wrote off that investment already...

Rod: I was considering guardian over warrior precisely because they can survive better and even one of their heals auto remove conditions every 10 seconds. I like the warrior weapon skills' feel more but being in melee range with risen just sucks. I have the condition removal heal and "shake it off" but just not enough when you get ganged, bleh.

I read that guardians can tag enough using just staff 1 but I somehow doubt it. Maybe that GS2 whirly thing and tome of fire balls...? I wanted a norn female guardian because I think their faces are prettier (and I have like 3 human females) but I also wanted the hounds elite, love how useful they are after using them on my mesmer.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
I'm going to keep played my Mesmer. The whole play style of spawning clones of yourself and destroying the clones for different results depending on what ability you use, is really neat.

I haven't got into all the different weapon types yet either. So far I've only used Scepter/Focus.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
Check out some of the guardian tank builds , they have traits that self heal when certain conditions are met, like when you crit. You buff up your crit chance to 50% or so and every other hit is healing you; you can really soak up the damage. Of course speccing into that kind of a build, your dps will take a hit, but if you want to tank / heal guardian is your class. I can't wait to get to 80.