uniqs
share rss forum feed

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to I AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

i've found 17 jumping puzzles

i think for the monthly you need to find 30!

this is by far the longest part of the monthly!

some of the shit you find is amazing! some of the jumping puzzles look so cool, but no time to do them!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

30!!!!!!!!!! What does 10 laurels do for me?

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to I AM

There's no way I can complete the monthly for this January, however, I will definitely work on it for February. Dailies, however, I'll work on every night.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state

I'm not a good MMO player. I don't give a shit about gear or dungeons for the most part. I just like the story, scenery and filling in hearts.

TheThing

said by bionicRod:

I'm not a good MMO player. I don't give a shit about gear or dungeons for the most part. I just like the story, scenery and filling in hearts.

Well then GW2 is perfect for you, the whole god damn world is beautiful

The frost prelude thing or whatever, which came out yesterday is more story for you!

and the jumping puzzles give some amazing views!

you could do 100% world completion and all jumping puzzles and personal and world story

get back to me if you ever get that done!

TheThing

reply to I AM

said by I AM:

30!!!!!!!!!! What does 10 laurels do for me?

not sure... have yet to look at a laurel vendor

but that's 10 days worth of dailies

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Umm...Not much I can buy for now since I got all exotics on my warrior. I could gear up a GUARDIAN huhs?

TheThing

laurel vendor will sell Ascended gear and other things...

you should get laurels on your main toon, not your alt

TheThing

reply to I AM

dailies and monthlies are account wide...

laurels are soulbound...

if I am wrong someone correct me

gold - accountbound
gems - accountbound
karma - soulbound (unless in jugs, etc...)
laurels - soulbound

TheThing

reply to I AM

there is now a roundabout way of converting soulbound karma on one toon, and give it to another toon...

how?

purchasing Orrian Jewelry Boxes (exotic), from karma vendors in ORR

most times, the jewelery boxes gives tastes, drops and vials of karma, which are account bound and you can use on another toon!

other times they give very rare mats!

you are going to take a hit transfering karma from one toon to another (maybe like 50% lost), but at last you can now! with a chance of getting rare mats

i think Ascended Amulets = 35 laurels... need to check up on this

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

said by bionicRod:

Well then GW2 is perfect for you, the whole god damn world is beautiful

The frost prelude thing or whatever, which came out yesterday is more story for you!

and the jumping puzzles give some amazing views!

you could do 100% world completion and all jumping puzzles and personal and world story

get back to me if you ever get that done!

Yeah...been playing since the fist BWE and still not tired of it.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

This is the trick for MMORPGs. Log in. Flood guild chat. Log off. Wait, that's just me.

TheThing

and you sir are apprecaited for your efforts!

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

i've found 17 jumping puzzles

i think for the monthly you need to find 30!

this is by far the longest part of the monthly!

some of the shit you find is amazing! some of the jumping puzzles look so cool, but no time to do them!

Search which jumping puzzles you're missing in your achievement tab and just google where to find them.

I remember there being a ton of them.

TheThing

jajajajaja

gw2wiki shows all their locations... otherwise F that!

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to I AM

im in game right now if anyone wants to do something

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to TheThing

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I NEED 20 MORE PUZZLES. Gotta try to do this before tomorrow.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL

You can still finish the monthly but just know that it won't count towards receiving Laurels.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

said by pr1mo:

You can still finish the monthly but just know that it won't count towards receiving Laurels.

WHAT?! Why is that? Does that not start till next month? If so screw it.

These new dailies are good and bad. I had a tough time finding 10 people to revive. Yesterday it was 6:58 I had to find 1 dead person to revive before reset. Out of no where this random player got killed by a veteran infront of me and I got my last revive for daily!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Found my own answer. Next month it will award Laurels. Forget finding 20 more JP's.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

said by pr1mo:

These new dailies are good and bad. I had a tough time finding 10 people to revive. Yesterday it was 6:58 I had to find 1 dead person to revive before reset. Out of no where this random player got killed by a veteran infront of me and I got my last revive for daily!

Cruise around the low-level zones and you can revive NPCs scattered all over the different areas.

TheThing

reply to I AM

said by I AM:

said by pr1mo:

Reviving allies = dead NPCs and dead real players

dead NPCs are very easy to find!

TheThing

reply to I AM

said by I AM:

Found my own answer. Next month it will award Laurels. Forget finding 20 more JP's.

Got done the monthly last night, only to get no laurels! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TheThing

reply to pr1mo

said by pr1mo:

said by I AM:

said by pr1mo:

Cruise around the low-level zones and you can revive NPCs scattered all over the different areas.

+1, didn't see this till now

TheThing

reply to I AM

The laurel vendor I found is in LA, at the south, near where all the dungeon vendors are. He has a laurel icon over his head.

You can purchase ascended rings/amulets/infusions with 30/35 laurels.

Can those ascended laurel items be upgraded to upgraded ascended items in the mystic forge? I don't know.

Some of the infusions are non-fractals infusions: they don't have agony resistance, instead they are +MF, +Gold Find, +Karma... which is excellent and more open world focused!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Yeah I found the laurel vendor. I won't complete the Monthly incase I need to find JP's next month. I will say the JP's are pretty unique. Lots of hidden gems in the game.

TheThing

the JPs I had already discovered before this month... when I returned to them I got credit for "finding" them.

you could have already found them, you just need to revisit them

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

I 1 shot this person in PvP yesterday with a rifle. Funny funny.

TheThing

F1 + Crit

very nyoce!

i don't bother trying to "finish" people off anymore

i continue to DPS then while they are down, till dead

if you try to finish them, the finish attempt does no damage, and often they can knock you down during the attempt... sometimes getting up

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL

Hey boss, sorry about last night. I got DC'ed and knocked out before I came back online
--
Cutler @ Jade Quarry (GW2)