Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
reply to Mcrobrewer

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

Will do. Supposed to pick it up tomorrow morning.

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
said by facepalm:

Awesome!
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

facepalm

Lumberton, TX

1 recommendation

said by Mcrobrewer:

said by facepalm:

Awesome!

Here it is. I may add racing stripes later. Already ordered Ford Racing GT500 exhaust and some cosmetic stuff.

--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
pretty car!

pretty neighborhood

here's an equivalent picture done here in new england... because living in new england is the best!

TheThing

reply to I AM
Art of War 5 is building.

Guild Bounty missions will start building this weekend.

March monthly includes crafting 40 masterwork piece.
March monthy also includes doing at least 4 dailies.

Fractals 20+ seems to be better than low levels, everyone seems to know what they are doing by then.

Want fractal GS on warrior and guardian.

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
reply to I AM
I've been on and haven't seen you guys
--
dslreports.com

TheThing

you went from 14 hours a day to 1hour!

no wonder you dont see us anymore!

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
reply to I AM
It's weird seeing random people on and don't know who the hell they are o.o
--
dslreports.com

facepalm

Lumberton, TX
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

here's an equivalent picture done here in new england... because living in new england is the best!

Thanks. I would love to have trees in my neighborhood like you have. Developers and hurricanes have taken their toll on this area. No disrespect, but I don't know how anyone deals with that much snow. I would be unable to function.
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

TheThing

we want to move to texas

the thrill of spending an entire weekend shoveling has worn off

are Texans friendly to Yankees? there is nothing to brag about with my state, i need a new adoptive state

facepalm

Lumberton, TX
said by TheThing:

are Texans friendly to Yankees? there is nothing to brag about with my state, i need a new adoptive state

Yes, but there is a catch. You can naturalize and live anywhere in the state provided you are gun-totin', bible-clingin', and government-fearin'. Any less than all three of those and we'll let you move here, but you can't officially naturalize and you have to live in Austin.
--

madmike

join:2012-03-19
Waterfall, PA
reply to monchis
said by monchis:

It's weird seeing random people on and don't know who the hell they are o.o

Me and a friend have been logging in recently, it has been so long since we played we just rerolled new toons.

TheThing

are you in our guild? I think I remember seeing a madmike... but for some reason I thought it was the forum mod mike

what is your toon's name?

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to I AM
What's with all the Statues in Orr zones now?

First time I ventured to that area last night in a long time.

TheThing

Statues in ORR always existed from my understanding.

They did not however have map icons.

Additionally, their area of affects has been increased and graphically increased to make it easier to understand they have a negative affect on the surrounding area.

If a temple is contested, the respective statues apply some kind of negative affect to their surrounding area, and sometimes its quite dramatic... like fire storms... anti-healing gas... snaring/bleeding barbs

If the temple is freed, they are de-activated

TheThing

reply to I AM
Anet has basically moved raids into the Open World.

This is a great concept in theory, HOWEVER right now, people are zerging these open world raids/events, and you end up with like 100+ people doing each one... causing major lag issues.

Open world chest hunting, and dragon hunting can bank some serious gold, but right now its a zerg fest, and guesting is ruining players homeworlds.

People guest to do these chests/dragons more than once daily on each toon for farming.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to I AM
It's not enjoyable being at a temple event with 100 other players and all I see are bright lights surronding a boss. I can't see my AoE ground marker, I can't see which ability is actually going off or queued because of the lag. It's bullshit and not fun. I run in spamming Cluster Bomb and Daggerstorm. There's the extent of playing a Thief in large events. CB + DS spam with evades. That's it.
--
GW2 - Cutler, PoE - Cutlerbeast

TheThing

reply to I AM
I need to correct something I said earlier. Legendary precursors can now be achieved in 3 ways:

- Open world drops from any mob/chest... VERY rare, one guy I knew has 1600 hours played and has yet to get a precursor from random drop
- Mystic forge. Toss in 4 rares or 4 exotics for a chance at a precursor... I hope you like gambling!
- Reward for completion of Guild mission.

TheThing

reply to pr1mo
The grenth event... I'm running around swinging my sword, and I never see any mobs... they never show up... but i get loot.

Zerging events... i can't think of any way to fix it

TheThing

reply to I AM
The only solution I see to zerging major events, and too many people... is instancing the major events, and thus limiting the number that can participate.

This is terrible terrible bad tho

Cause zones like Cursed Shore already have population limits, and spawn overflows

Either that Or they will have to drastically reduce zone population limits

Sad to say, but it almost seems that World of Warcraft way is kind of the ONLY way of going about doing things, and its sad.

Open world is dull

Instance off everything else = boring open world

Anet basically already said ZONES are really large instances.

And right now these large instance allow too many people in that ruin event playability and enjoyability

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to I AM
They should make something like an "Event Overflow" where one location of an event splits into 3-4 seperate instances should there be a large amount of players.

60 players split into 3 groups of 20 would be amazing. Scenery and environment wouldn't change, but culling would move the other groups into their own "instance" of the event.
--

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to I AM
There was a shit ton of people over in Orr last night. It surprised me. That was the first time I had ventured over to that area in a long time.

The events were packed to the hilt with other people.

facepalm

Lumberton, TX
reply to pr1mo
I agree something needs to be done. Events are fubar'd. You still get loot, but my Toon's abilities and attacks are a menagerie of dysfunction.
--

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to I AM
Even questing and exploring in low level zones are filled with a lot of people. It's crazy.

The outside world is definitely alive and kicking.

TheThing

the open world is great... but zerged chest events/dragons are fubared

perhaps large events should have some sort of barrier, that you need to teleport across, that can restrict how many are in the area when events are taking place

you don't instance the event, you just limit access to it

TheThing

reply to I AM
Right now you can teleport in the open world to any waypoint you have found as long as you are not in combat. It doesn't matter where you are located.

In an effort to increase world immersion, in my opinion, Waypoints should function like real portals.

You should only be able to teleport to a Waypoint, if you are currently AT a waypoint.

This in particular didn't bother me until this latest patch, when people are literally jumping from Zerg to Zerg to Zerg, in a totally non immersive, fractured experience way. To me, this Waypoint change would give more significance and meaning to the actual Waypoints and open world immersion.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to I AM
Tell me this is you, TheThing...

»www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comm···joyable/

If not, what a coincidence!
--

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
That's him....He had a similar name here, where I dubbed him the Beeftrix

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to I AM
He was BEEF on here? I never liked that guy but I also never realized it's "TheThing." I do like him now though, hahaha.
--

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
I think it was him...lol