Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to I AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

They should make something like an "Event Overflow" where one location of an event splits into 3-4 seperate instances should there be a large amount of players.

60 players split into 3 groups of 20 would be amazing. Scenery and environment wouldn't change, but culling would move the other groups into their own "instance" of the event.
--
GW2 - Cutler, PoE - Cutlerbeast

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to I AM
There was a shit ton of people over in Orr last night. It surprised me. That was the first time I had ventured over to that area in a long time.

The events were packed to the hilt with other people.

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
reply to pr1mo
I agree something needs to be done. Events are fubar'd. You still get loot, but my Toon's abilities and attacks are a menagerie of dysfunction.
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to I AM
Even questing and exploring in low level zones are filled with a lot of people. It's crazy.

The outside world is definitely alive and kicking.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
the open world is great... but zerged chest events/dragons are fubared

perhaps large events should have some sort of barrier, that you need to teleport across, that can restrict how many are in the area when events are taking place

you don't instance the event, you just limit access to it

TheThing

reply to I AM
Right now you can teleport in the open world to any waypoint you have found as long as you are not in combat. It doesn't matter where you are located.

In an effort to increase world immersion, in my opinion, Waypoints should function like real portals.

You should only be able to teleport to a Waypoint, if you are currently AT a waypoint.

This in particular didn't bother me until this latest patch, when people are literally jumping from Zerg to Zerg to Zerg, in a totally non immersive, fractured experience way. To me, this Waypoint change would give more significance and meaning to the actual Waypoints and open world immersion.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to I AM
Tell me this is you, TheThing...

»www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comm···joyable/

If not, what a coincidence!
--

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
That's him....He had a similar name here, where I dubbed him the Beeftrix

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to I AM
He was BEEF on here? I never liked that guy but I also never realized it's "TheThing." I do like him now though, hahaha.
--

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
I think it was him...lol

TheThing

said by Koil:

I think it was him...lol

Only Jobbie knows the answers to such questions!

TheThing

1 edit
reply to I AM
The response to my reddit post is overwhelming, I don't have time to read it!

On another note:

The timer site (can't remember it's name) now has a timer for all chest events AND dragons!

Has timer for Frozen Maw, Megadestroyer, all ORR temples, all dragons, Giant Worm, etc...

this is great, you can bounce from event to event getting tons of chests and loot

going to start saving for 500 ectos towards my ultimate grand supreme glowing fractals back piece

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
Sounds like you just don't want to share.
--
dslreports.com

TheThing

guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/jade-quarry/

pretty sure that's it

select "All Timers"

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
reply to I AM
:P

madmike

join:2012-03-19
Waterfall, PA
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

are you in our guild? I think I remember seeing a madmike... but for some reason I thought it was the forum mod mike

what is your toon's name?

Yeah im in the guild. My toons names are madmike and madmagic.

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
reply to TheThing
Got in for a few minutes to check out these timers and hopefully run a couple of events. The server reset fubar'd my ambitions. I did see a lot of chatter about a potential forthcoming fix to the problems guesting is causing to the events. Anyone have any details?
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to I AM
No details but I sure as hell hope there's a plan being put together.
--

TheThing

reply to I AM
It'll get better

It's just that changes have unforseen consequences

the game is growing, and only getting better and better

this month's patch will fix guesting and culling issues

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
said by TheThing:

It'll get better

It's just that changes have unforseen consequences

the game is growing, and only getting better and better

this month's patch will fix guesting and culling issues

What is the culling issue?
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to I AM
What's the deal with the refugees?

I've yet to figure out what the point is.

TheThing

reply to Mcrobrewer
Culling = running into an area with like 100s of people, and you stand there, and they are there, but you don't see them for like 10 seconds. This is especially problematic in WvW.

Refugees = I think there are achievements associated with helping them out, besides that I don't know. I think you can find their lost belonging and do events related to protecting them. Anet has kind of dropped the ball IMO on explaining the story to the user.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
said by TheThing:

Refugees = I think there are achievements associated with helping them out, besides that I don't know. I think you can find their lost belonging and do events related to protecting them. Anet has kind of dropped the ball IMO on explaining the story to the user.

You know. I'm not looking to get my hand held constantly in an MMO. But come on, Anet completely screwed up on this one. I go to the Black Citadel to find out what the deal is with the refugees. And then. Nothing. You can talk to a few people and really get no info, no vendor, no quest giver, nothing.

Supposedly there are refugees in Diessa. So I head over to Diessa and find some NPC's where you can turn in Relics. But I have no fuckin clue what turning in relics does for me. I turn some in and nothing happens.

Pretty lame if you ask me. What's the point?

TheThing

1 edit
it's very open-ended and non intuitive

as far as story telling goes, a mail in my inbox isn't going to cut it

we will be able to do guild missions by Thursday

TheThing

reply to I AM
Got this bad boy for my warrior.

Fractal Capacitor (infused) Ascended

best in slot item in game

2900 fractal relics, 500 globs of ectoplasm, from about 250 fractals runs... suffer

looks better in game than here... next item I want is fractal great sword... but I have to admit... fractals/dungeons are wearing me down.. its painful

TheThing

reply to I AM
We will be running our first guild mission, GUILD BOUNTY:

Friday, 3/15/2013@ 10:00PM EST

I will have 2-4 of them built, so that if we fail, we can try it multiple times.

If you can make it please come.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Count me in, 100%.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to I AM
Excited for the guild mission tonight! Do you know how many guildies will actually be required?
--

TheThing

we have to kill 2-3 champion outlaws within 15 minutes I think

us fractal pros could probably 3 man it if ultimately necessary

we have like 3-4 missions built, so we can try again if we fail... not 100% sure tho

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada

3 edits
Just to give you a heads-up.

There's 15 different possible champions you may have to kill. At bounty level 1, you'll have to kill 2 randomly-chosen champions within 15 minutes. At level 2, it's three.

Most of those champions have a path they follow in their zone. They walk around as a green npc with a sheriff star above their head. They will not turn aggressive until the bounty is triggered, and someone from the guild talks to them.

The best strategy is to get as many people from the guild as you can to each find one of those champion along their path. This may take a while (30-45 minutes), some paths are quite long. Once each has found his champion, follow it until it's close to a travel point and then keep him there by repeatedly talking to him (won't turn aggressive until the bounty is triggered). Practice your F-Esc-F-Esc-F-Esc technique lol. Once you've found as many of the champions as you can, trigger the bounty and everyone who is on a champion that wasn't selected as one of the two or three to kill converges towards one of the ones selected. That's why it's best to keep them close to a travel point.

Some of them have special mechanics (such as needs to be pushed/pulled out of his AoE to take any damage, etc.) so it's best if the person camping a specific champion reads up on him while keeping him frozen and tells everyone else in chat/on vent what to do.

Much coordination is necessary and, while they're killable with only 3-4 people if every knows WTF they're doing more people means better chance of making it in time.

There's a web site that lists all the champions, which zone they're in and shows their path but I'm at work and can't search for it 'cause we're web-sensed.

My guild make a couple of attempts at it last weekend, both at level 1 and, while the first one was FUBAR (only 6 people showed up and the two we had to kill weren't among the ones we'd reconed, still almost killed the first one with only three players, the rest didn't have any travel points on the 80+ island) the second one went better, with 9 people showing up. Even though we had 9 reconed the two to kill weren't among them (how unlucky, right?) but we got the first one and almost got the second one, but we lost very precious time trying to get to it through confusing indications from the first people to find him. That's where freezing them near a travel point (uncontested if at all possible!) really helps. we got a couple of rares and some bounty items from the first kill, nothing from the second one (ran outta time).

Good luck!

EDIT: Forgot. You can only trigger one bounty of each level a week. This resets Saturday night, at the same time as the dailies.