spc
uniqs
pennyarcade0
join:2010-12-07
North York, ON

pennyarcade0 to xdrag

to xdrag

Re: Tons of disconnects everyday on Cable, T3 timeouts

So the problem has not come back for 3 days.

I had a ticket on the direct forums, where they replied and said that they can issue a service call to Rogers. I'm going to sit and wait to see if the problem comes back.

I have an SB5101 and my speeds are back to normal.

tonytoronto
join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON

tonytoronto

I had similar issue with t3 and t4's timeouts that ended up being a bad connector (corrosion) at the pole, Roger tech fixed and was good for a few months. Back to same deal, less T3 times than before but way more disconnects, loosing upstream channel again. Rogers tech left me his cell in case there was issue, so i talked to him today, seems like my area is a mess. I'm trying to get ticket open with Teksavvy.
Keep a eye on your upstream signal, if gets close to 55-56 the modem will T4 and reboot, that usually indicates signal problem (wiring, connectors, rogers end)
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

xdrag to pennyarcade0

to pennyarcade0
said by pennyarcade0:

So the problem has not come back for 3 days.

I had a ticket on the direct forums, where they replied and said that they can issue a service call to Rogers. I'm going to sit and wait to see if the problem comes back.

I have an SB5101 and my speeds are back to normal.

Disconnects stopped for the last 4-5 days. I've been monitoring my connection and no random disconnects except for a few hours on tuesday at around noon.
webfors
join:2006-10-03
Kanata, ON

webfors

Same here. I swapped out my DCM476 with a DCM475 with stac 2.16. No reboots for the past 3 days. It's looking up. Could be all the changes with channel bonding in my area, compounded by a flaky stac 2.31 on the DCM476.

I hope this trend continues.
webfors

webfors

5+ days of no reboots. I take it back where I said it wasn't a modem issue... since obviously in this case it was.