spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

spunky2008

join:2007-07-19
San Diego, CA

Has anyone successfully used simonics.com/gvgw/ on SPA2102?

I am trying to use the GV gateway service with this vender and registered my GV account successfully as instructed on their website. Then I go back and configure my SPA2102 line 2, using the infomation of
proxy server: gvgw1.siminics.com
User ID: GV1xxxxxxxxxx (given by simonics)
Password: xxxxxx (given by simonics)

However, I always get "Failed" status at "Registeration State" on my SPA2102. I am configuring F9 at line 1 and it registers fine.

Am I doing something wrong or is there any extra stepto do in order to use their GV gateway service? Please advice.

P.S.: I have already set forward call in my GV account to google talk, and when I use my cell phone to call my GV#, the google talk can response.

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17

4 edits

Additionally:

Use Auth ID: Yes
Auth ID: GV1xxxxxxxxxx
proxy server: gvgw1.simonics.com
Password: xxxxxxxxxxxx (12 digit password given by simonics)

said by spunky2008:

I am trying to use the GV gateway service with this vender and registered my GV account successfully as instructed on their website. Then I go back and configure my SPA2102 line 2, using the infomation of
proxy server: gvgw1.siminics.com (WRONG!!!! - see above)

However, I always get "Failed" status at "Registeration State" on my SPA2102. I am configuring F9 at line 1 and it registers fine.

Am I doing something wrong or is there any extra stepto do in order to use their GV gateway service? Please advice.

P.S.: I have already set forward call in my GV account to google talk, and when I use my cell phone to call my GV#, the google talk can response.

spunky2008

San Diego, CA

Thanks for the reply, but still...no luck.
The server name is a typo in my post and yes, I do put Auth ID and password as you indicated.
I noticed one difference though:
When I leave the User ID blank but Auth ID with the one provided by simonics, I get the registration status as "not registered".
However, if I set both Auth ID and User ID as the GV1xxxxxxxxxx provided by them, I get "Failed" status.
Also, do I need to change the port other than the default 5060?

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17

I have this setup on my SP2102 (any my Panasonic KX-TGP551T04) and the items highlighted above is what I used. Did you cut/paste the 12-digit password supplied by simonics? Please double check your username and password to make sure you are putting the correct information. If everything checks out, I would send an email to simonics to see if he/they can offer any help.

Trimline
Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·Bright House
·Callcentric
·voip.ms
reply to spunky2008

said by spunky2008:

proxy server: gvgw1.siminics.com

This page also indicates you need to add AuthID - »simonics.com/blog/

spunky2008

San Diego, CA
reply to DaveSin

Thanks all for the replies! Finally I get it working...

First I checked the Simonics blog as mentioned above and it suggests to have a "factory reset" before putting in all info given by the gateway. So I have tried to follow this instruction which gave me real trouble - because what I have is SPA2102-R and it should NEVER do "factory reset" because it will try to load the default configured by Sunrocket (our old friend ) and even do provision provided by them. I lost control of configuration after the factory reset.

Fortunately I googled and find several methods to unlock my SPA2102. It turns out that only one of them worked by burning a CD and follow the instruction.
After doing that, I put the proxy, User ID, Auth ID, password in and it works like a charm...I am very happy to have free USA/CA incoming/outgoing calling provided by GV and simonics gateway now!

JTS33

join:2003-05-03
USA

I use them even though I already have an Obi110 Google Voice gateway because Simonics provides incoming CNAM, which GV doesn't.

anti_windoze

join:2001-07-08
Fontana, CA
reply to spunky2008

i tried to set it up on a rt31p2 and registration always failed, so i pinged gvgw1.simonics.com and got the ip address. i put that in my rt31p2 in place of the gvgw1.simonics.com and it registered right away.

scow

@optonline.net
reply to spunky2008

SPA2102 failed on line2 (line 1 is working with CC), however, use the same informations config app acrobits on iphone and ipad2 are successe,incoming and outgoing calls are good,may be hardware not compatible,

DogFace05

join:2005-12-09
Cary, NC
kudos:154

Make sure to disable "Use DNS SRV" on line2.

scow

@optonline.net

wow!!!!! works!!!!!!!!!!! great thanks to Dogface05 !!!!!!!!!!!

spunky2008

San Diego, CA
reply to spunky2008

Some latest update on Simonics gateway: It seems the outgoing call going through properly but not the incoming calls. I have been using it in the last few days and it just missed call for 7-8 out of 10 calls. When the GV number configured by simonics gateway is called, my handset never ring but after few seconds transfer to GV leaving message answering. Is this the issue from the GV gateway?

JTS33

join:2003-05-03
USA

said by spunky2008:

Some latest update on Simonics gateway: It seems the outgoing call going through properly but not the incoming calls. I have been using it in the last few days and it just missed call for 7-8 out of 10 calls. When the GV number configured by simonics gateway is called, my handset never ring but after few seconds transfer to GV leaving message answering. Is this the issue from the GV gateway?

Haven't had that issue myself. Simonics working fine on my Obi100.

scow

@optonline.net
reply to spunky2008

i tried to call my GV after read your post, but seems both in/out are OK at this moment... any one ??????

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to spunky2008

said by spunky2008:

This is like your SPA is loosing registration, might be related to NAT settings or Register Expires, check here how should look like.

spunky2008

San Diego, CA

Thanks for the reply. I will try it out. Comparing to the setting you provided, and somehow I found that in my line setting, the
NAT mapping enable = no
NAT keep alive enable =no
register expires = 3600

I am changing it to
NAT mapping enable = yes
NAT keep alive enable = yes
register expires = 180

Let's see if it gets solved.

I noticed one weird thing last night when testing: shortly after I make a outgoing phone call, the next time it can receive incoming calls flawlessly. However, after a while (maybe couple of minutes), if I call the number, the phone won't ring but go to GV voicemail. It seems making an outgoing call can "wake it up".
Could this be related to registration?

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by spunky2008:

I noticed one weird thing last night when testing: shortly after I make a outgoing phone call, the next time it can receive incoming calls flawlessly. However, after a while (maybe couple of minutes), if I call the number, the phone won't ring but go to GV voicemail. It seems making an outgoing call can "wake it up".
Could this be related to registration?

Yes and it's because of NAT settings. Now should work fine.