Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 edit
reply to ispalten

Re: iPhone & Android tablet users get Bright House TV App Joy!

said by ispalten:

ESPN, HBO, and MAX GO don't care where I use it, as long as I am a subscriber. What is different with the other content owners (ESPN, HBO, and CineMax being ones on BHTV too)?

i betcha they do

said by berniefl85 :

,,have you read the reviews/comments on the iTunes AppStore for this app?,everybody wants this app to be used outside of their house/home network

I just did, and not "everybody" agrees. (most of the complaints are about it not loading)

This has a very simple solution, if you like it....GREAT, if not, uninstall, move on. Everyone seems to have the wrong idea about the true concept of the app
--
| map your city |

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL
kudos:1
said by pcdebb:

said by ispalten:

ESPN, HBO, and MAX GO don't care where I use it, as long as I am a subscriber. What is different with the other content owners (ESPN, HBO, and CineMax being ones on BHTV too)?

i betcha they do

Have you tried them? Although only ESPN is 'live tv', and the other are not, all can be watched anywhere (where I've tried at least) there is a wi-fi (I only have an iPad wi-fi) connection, hotel room, daughter's house, airport, etc. As long as I've signed in with my Brighthouse MyServices ID and p/w they work.

I would assume they have the technology to tell when 2 or more people are using the same ID too and shutting someone out so multiple people can't use the same ID but it may not be the case because only one person 'owns' the BH bill and gets the MyServices ID, never tried making one for my wife for instance, but when I do open either app it shows as logged on most of the times, as sometimes I do have to log on.

In any case if I can use it anywhere, that is good.
--
Irv Spalten

berniefl35

@bhn.net
1% of the comments are about the app not loading and the other 99% are about the app only working on the "home network" as far as I remember dish network or directv has the ability to watch their tv shows anywhere,,im not sure if its one of them or both of them,,but as usual brighthouse and twc don't allow it,,,go figure....

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:156
reply to ispalten
said by ispalten:

said by pcdebb:

said by ispalten:

i betcha they do

Have you tried them? Although only ESPN is 'live tv', and the other are not, all can be watched anywhere (where I've tried at least) there is a wi-fi (I only have an iPad wi-fi) connection, hotel room, daughter's house, airport, etc. As long as I've signed in with my Brighthouse MyServices ID and p/w they work.

I would assume they have the technology to tell when 2 or more people are using the same ID too and shutting someone out so multiple people can't use the same ID but it may not be the case because only one person 'owns' the BH bill and gets the MyServices ID, never tried making one for my wife for instance, but when I do open either app it shows as logged on most of the times, as sometimes I do have to log on.

In any case if I can use it anywhere, that is good.

It's a bit more complicated than that. I have run through a ton of different methods for dealing with folks that cheat and none are entirely easy to implement. Eventually a solution will come though....that you can be sure of
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~