spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

angry

@wildblue.net

[WildBlue] wildblue=crooks

Ok i'm on the pro package but have been trying to downgraded for over 2 months. They keep giving me an excuse that the program that lets them change packages is messed up . So anyway i called them for like the 4th time on may 1st to once again ask them to downgrade me to the value pack. I was told once again that the program for changing packages is messed up but it's not my fault that they can't downgrade me i would get a credit on my next bill, In short i would pay for the value pack regardless of whether or not they were ever able to change my package. Well i just checked my bank statement and they took out the whole 79.95. Oh and i also called on may 30th and was once again told that they program was under maintenance but it showed i would get a credit. Well guess what now they say i never called on the first and they can't find any notes saying i'm entitled to a credit. I'm gonna call back in the morning and talk to billing but i'm not confident in the results

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1

ViaSat

join:2012-02-08
reply to angry
Please send us an email at wildbluelistens@viasat.com, and provide your name, phone number associated with your account, and account number (if you have it). Also, if you have any ticket numbers from your previous calls, those would be helpful too, but they're not 100% necessary. We'll take care of things and make you whole. Thank you.

hopeing

@wildblue.net
first time coming back to this thread as i forgot to save the site to favs and i had to Google it. I do have a reference number but it's in a stack of papers that i must go through I'll pm my phone number as soon as i figure out how to pm on this site

seagreen
Premium,Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there
You can't use the PM system unless you are a member. It's free to join.

still angry

@12.189.32.x
i sent him an email but i haven't heard anything back yet.

ViaSat

join:2012-02-08
Thanks for writing. We've forwarded your email to our advanced customer service team. You should be hearing from them very soon. Thank you.

kinda pissed

join:2012-06-06
Newsoms, VA
reply to still angry
ty viasat

mwkessler
Wildblue

join:2003-10-24
Harrington, DE
reply to ViaSat
I would be very surprised if Wildblue did anything to help their customers. I had my system installed on Feb. 4th of this year. Since then my speed has never been over 5mbs. I have complained so many times I have lost count. I was actually told that under the Exede 12 package the speed meant up to 12mbs and anything over 10kbs was acceptable. I was lied to on many occasions, finally they sent a tech out to try and repair my system and I was told there was nothing that could be done and I would have to live with it. I was told the gateway or beam was already overloaded. They have given me credits because of my complaint but it is nothing compared to the money I have lost taking off work or the loss of service I am getting. I was on mobile broadband before and had much faster speeds under 4g. I was sold a pack of lies and I sold all of my equipment and signed up with Wildblue. This was the biggest mistake of my life. Fortunately I live in Delaware and my AG is Beau Biden. I spoke to him and he said they have already created a task force to look into all of the complaints against Wildblue. The thing is, I am not asking for something for nothing, I just want what I was promised and I now pay for. As far as Customer Service, I recorded all conversations and have recording of them lying to my face.
--
Wildblue Exede 12/5 15gb cap. The worst ISP on the face of earth. I also have a account with Millenicom, to back up my unreliable Wildblue connection.

OldSatUser

join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH
If you really did have 4G, why in the world did you drop that for Exede? Did you want low caps, high prices, and high latency?

mwkessler
Wildblue

Harrington, DE
Like many I was sold a Fake bill of goods. 1. No installation or activation prices. 2. Higher limits. 3. lower prices. Of course all of that changed when the installer came to do the install. I am fortunate to not have signed a contract and will be leaving if my problems are not straightened out.
--
Wildblue Exede 12/5 15gb cap. The worst ISP on the face of earth. I also have a account with Millenicom, to back up my unreliable Wildblue connection.

OldSatUser

Fresno, OH
The minute your modem is commissioned that is considered acceptance of the contract. But if you really did signup for Exede, it sounds like you didn't do any research about it first. As they say "buyer beware" (would say the Latin phrase but don't know how to spell it...lol)

DrStrangLov

reply to mwkessler
said by mwkessler:

Like many I was sold a Fake bill of goods.

No issues here currently....Exede delivers....

Exede 5 mbps: 9:20 PM CDT

Seattle Speak Easy

Download Speed: 5762 kbps (720.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1123 kbps (140.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

pissed

@wildblue.net
why on earth would anyone drop 4g for a satty connection. That would be like trading in a lambo for a honda civic and haveing to pay extra.

pissed

@wildblue.net
reply to DrStrangLov
yea i don't expect WB to get any better. My problem is i have tried for months to down grade and they always have an excuse. In short they are keeping me on the pro pack and forcing me to pay for the pro pack. I called twice last month to downgrade and both times i was told they could not downgrade me due to the program being down but i would get a bill for the price of the value pack since i did call and it wasn't my fault that their program was messed up. Well i get this month's bill and they hit me for the whole 79.95. I call and the notes about them giving me a credit have mysteriously disappeared.

angry

@12.189.32.x
reply to DrStrangLov
lol who does the tech work for wb? Earlier i tried to login to my account only to be faced with a user agreement page. I agree and it tries to go to my account. It just keeps reloading the waiting page over and over. I call wb and the lady says google is doing maintenance on the page but it would be up with in the hour. Well that was over 8 hours ago and the page is still down.

angry

@wildblue.net
lol still down

angry

@12.189.32.x
Lmfao it's gone from will be up in an hour to we ain't got no idea when it will be back up. I guess they figure folks don't need to check their email or fap meter.

mwkessler
Wildblue

Harrington, DE
reply to OldSatUser
I did a lot of research but the people I talked to lied. If you look at the Wildblue forums you will see that I am one of thousands that have the same complaint. I suspect many will switch over to newly available DSL lines or to Hughesnet when their new Sat comes on line.
--

mwkessler
Wildblue

Harrington, DE
reply to pissed
The 4g here where I lived required an amp and external antenna and you would have to change the aiming on the antenna due to the season. On 4g I got at least 10 mbs and a cap of 30gb. When I purchased Exede I was promised a no cap until Sept. and that would be a max of 30gb and $89.00 per month. I should of probably of waited to purchase as I was well aware or their history. When I moved to Exede I expected what was advertised and sold to me, I wanted a fiber like connection as they advertised.
--

OldSatUser

Fresno, OH
I never heard of 30gb of data for $90 with Exede. They don't even offer a 30gb package unless you are on a Recovery Act plan and west of the Mississippi.

That being said, I can't believe people are giving up DSL and 4G for Exede. There is more to consider than just speed. The caps, price, and latency would all be huge issues to me before I would signup for a 2 year committment.

Best of luck in getting it resolved!

DrStrangLov

said by OldSatUser:

That being said, I can't believe people are giving up DSL and 4G for Exede.

Unless one is a serious gamer, satellite these days works just fine.

You realize a 360p Youtube vid requires about 1 mbps throughput?

There is slow DSL out there...and video buffering is not "cool" when wanting to watch a vid.

4G will be the pits when the pilgrims come...as it is with 3G in many areas during primetimes.

OldSatUser

Fresno, OH
You are definitely right about satellite. I can see people switching so they can pay more money to get lower caps and higher latency....to watch youtube videos without buffering!

angry

@wildblue.net
if only horrible latency was Wb's only problem. I could go fart in front of my wb satellite and i'm sure it would knock the signal out. What most people don't know is Wb use to be a much better product. Then they released a firmware update a few years ago and it just made it worse.

DrStrangLov

reply to OldSatUser
said by OldSatUser:

I can see people switching so they can pay more money to get lower caps and higher latency...

Someone on another forum, with WB legacy: "...but lately WB-1 has been speeding up quite a bit....so I have to keep a $50/mo Verizon MiFi around. But it either flies or doesn't work at all."

Remember, Verizon says, "Connect when and where you need to on America's largest and most reliable 3G network."

Oh, boy, cellphone world is wonderful..."it either flies or doesn't work at all.

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
Satellite Internet: it's too expensive, it works, it's slow, it does not work, power cycle your modem, usage limit exceeded, it's all the customers fault, stuck in service commitment, inexplicable, unauthorized charge on your credit card....

angry

@wildblue.net
wildblue.net is still down. Some how maintenance that was said would only take a few hours has taken multiple days. I guess they think checking your email isn't important. I wonder if they will forgive people who go over their fap limit while the site is down? After all we can't even check to see how much we have used.

DrStrangLov

said by angry :

I guess they think checking your email isn't important.

I would never use an ISP's email system.

Isn't that "gmail?"

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10
What email are you using, DrSL?

The original webmail service provided by the NRTC is the best I have ever used until they removed secure HTTP access. You can block spam which makes the spammers remove your email address from their lists. Hushmail is the best alternate I have found, but it is a pathetic substitute with inadequate spam control, slow via satellite and will be locked if not accessed for 3 weeks.

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI
reply to angry
It sure looks to me like wb.net is most certainly UP.