spc
uniqs
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to GTFan

to GTFan

Re: [Cable Card] CableCARD - HD channels not authorized

well the card is free but also the first full box is free as well so you should being getting $2-$3 off for not having a box.

But the HD fee is for HD channels and is flat for all boxes.

Now some areas make you have it to get HD on cable cards as well. In the past some area had a HD cable card fee (I think per card) back in the time where HD boxes cost more to rent then the SD boxes.
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan

Yep, and the Comcast merry-go-round continues. Why some areas have this bogus HD tech fee and others don't is beyond me, Comcast's own website used to say that you don't pay extra for HD.

We don't have that BS in the ATL, but in return we get all of the usual money grabs like A/O fees for cards. Every other cableCo charges a flat rental for each card, but not Comcast. They have to screw up everyone for card billing, every time.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

said by GTFan:

Yep, and the Comcast merry-go-round continues. Why some areas have this bogus HD tech fee and others don't is beyond me, Comcast's own website used to say that you don't pay extra for HD.

that was before they put in a flat HD Fee.

and that was to say unlike satellite we have NO HD FEE*

*HD boxes used to cost more to rent then a SD box.
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan

The point is that the fee is only applied in a few areas if you have Cablecards, which makes no sense. Just like most of Comcast's other billing for cards.