uniqs

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro

Premium Member

Smells like BS.

I just priced out internet only on the uverse website.
$20 monthly + $100 one-time for 3M. That's 120. Far from 327, even after any fees...

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by cowboyro:

I just priced out internet only on the uverse website.
$20 monthly + $100 one-time for 3M. That's 120. Far from 327, even after any fees...

The plan she's on is $30, they didn't wave the $149 installation charge (like they do when you order online), and there was a 2nd, prorated month on that bill. Throw in the $100 for equipment and you can get to $337 pretty quickly.

/M

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro

Premium Member

AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Max $48.00
$18.05 off for 12 months with 1 year term. -$18.05
Internet Subtotal $29.95
One-Time Charges
Internet Installation Fee
What's this? $0.00
2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway
What's this? $100.00
One Time Charges Total $100.00
Order Summary
Monthly Charges Total**
$29.95
One-Time Charge
$100.00

Looks like someone didn't do her homework or there was a mistake that can be easily fixed. Or maybe there is a mail-in rebate somewhere...
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

slckusr to mackey

Premium Member

to mackey
They only waived my install fee, by doing a self install. (the tech still showed up to check the lines at my NIC).
slckusr

slckusr to mackey

Premium Member

to mackey
double post gateway timeout.

mackey
Premium Member

mackey to cowboyro

Premium Member

to cowboyro
said by mackey:

The plan she's on is $30, they didn't wave the $149 installation charge (like they do when you order online), and there was a 2nd, prorated month on that bill. Throw in the $100 for equipment and you can get to $337 pretty quickly.

Her mistake was ordering through a phone rep and not online (thus getting whacked with both the $149 install charge and not getting the free equipment) and if you look closely, the "**" for "Monthly Charges Total**" says "**This total reflects available discounts. Because AT&T bills one month in advance, your first bill will include charges for one full month of service, plus a partial month from the date of installation to the start of your monthly billing period." so the first bill is going to be up to double (depending on how far into the billing cycle the install date is).

/M
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr

Exactly how is she going to order on-line, when at&t cut off her internet access??

Seams to me At&t breached her contract/service agreement, most likely mid month for a paid up service. At&t should bear the full costs of restoring her service or providing an alternate service.

mackey
Premium Member

mackey

Premium Member

said by tkdslr:

Exactly how is she going to order on-line, when at&t cut off her internet access??

Seams to me At&t breached her contract/service agreement, most likely mid month for a paid up service. At&t should bear the full costs of restoring her service or providing an alternate service.

Work, friend, smartphone, public library, Starbucks, Panera, etc. If you want to get online you can find a way. Or you can just make excuses...

If she was still on DSL then there's no way she was in a contract. No contract, either party can terminate service at any time.

I highly doubt they killed her service mid-billing cycle. Once they killed her service at the end of the cycle, if she had the Uverse service installed soon after then that $337 includes almost 2 whole months of service (~3 weeks prorated + the next full month).

/M