how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aguiar0016

join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA
reply to aguiar0016

Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App!

Confirmed: New triple play customers only because of low inventory. Tech install is required. no self install.

Current customers will be offered the X1 DVR at a later date.

JasonWw

@comcast.net

No offense, but FIOS has been offering this type of service years ago. Now with Xfinity you need all new equipment, DVR service, tech install, ect. Give me a break, I am so glad I switched to FIOS a while ago.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to aguiar0016

go figure. Give the new customers the new equipment but heck with your curent long time devoted and loyal customers.

JoeSammamish

join:2009-06-10
Sammamish, WA

said by mikedz4:

go figure. Give the new customers the new equipment but heck with your curent long time devoted and loyal customers.

Cut Comcast a little slack. It will take them a while for Comcast to build up inventory of the new boxes. I can't blame Comcast for not wanting a big run on a limited supply of boxes.

Also, I think most of the DCX series boxes are Tru2Way capable and so they should be able to run the new guide. If so, it would make sense that Comcast would want to avoid truck rolls to deliver new boxes to existing customers if the new guide is close to being deployed on their existing boxes.